Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a bunch of new stuff to the TB recently....here's a thread from about a month ago for reference and before pics....

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=56942

Here's a Quick Before pic:

So since then I got rid of the 20's and picked up some 22" KMC Slides with Yokohoma tires.

I also got around to painting some more exterior pieces:

I Here are the supplies I used:

I paint matched the side mirrors and crossbar using primer, GM Code DuPont paint and reducer, and clear (this is during the process not complete):

And I painted the grille and bowtie gloss black:

Here's the finished product....let me know what you guys think. I might want to paint the rockers white, remove the side molding, and take off the running boards....not positive yet.

I also installed 2 sets of Polk Audio DB6501 components and an Alpine MRP-F600 Amp....its night and day difference from my old Infinity coax speakers I had.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that looks really good!! That's a neat paint sprayer you've got there, too... Never seen one. :thumbsup:
i went to a local auto parts store and they reffered me to a paint body shop that mixes color matched paint for you...they only sold the paint as a base/reducer so i had to buy that spray bottle from them

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
ive always been a huuuuge fan of those wheels in black!! if my voy was black those would be on my truck!!great work:thumbsup::thumbsup:getting those grey rockers color matched would be a big improvement,,every think of also doin the grey on the lower part of the front and rear bumper??

·
Premium Member
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,572 Posts
ive always been a huuuuge fan of those wheels in black!! if my voy was black those would be on my truck!!great work:thumbsup::thumbsup:getting those grey rockers color matched would be a big improvement,,every think of also doin the grey on the lower part of the front and rear bumper??
I think they would look great on your Superior Blue Metallic!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
i went to a local auto parts store and they reffered me to a paint body shop that mixes color matched paint for you...they only sold the paint as a base/reducer so i had to buy that spray bottle from them
Nice work...
Our local Sherwin-Williams will zap your car with a gun to figure the paint code, it will figure in the fade and they will give you the paint on the spot. It is 20 bucks per can which is steep, but you cant tell the difference.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks man, yeah your voy looks sick with those 24's. You wouldn't believe it but I got my hands on these 22's with practically brand new Yokohoma's for 1k shipped...

I was thinking about painting the rockers white and taking off the side moldings and running boards..i think it would look close to an SS at that point.

As for the front and rear bumper textured pieces...i ALMOST painted them black today, but I still need to think about it a little more before doing it. Plus I ran out of paint, and that **** is getting expensive after doing the door handles and all the other things i just did :hopeless

I'm also not sure on whether or not I would need to primer those pieces, and also whether or not i should use flat black or gloss black spray.

looking good man.:thumbsup: but whats the can still doin on there? you might like it even better with a nice tip on there..:m2:
Thanks man...exhaust never really did anything for me on these trucks...always seemed kinda pointless on an I6...doesn't really sound good IMO...What I might do is replace the resonator with a Magnaflow muffler just for looks...but then again that's another day, another dollar...

lookin real good man. an 07+ wiper would compliment the rear. and how you like the components? i ordered some but havent had a chance to put them in yet...
The components sound great compared to my old infinity coaxials....i still need to mess around with the gains on the amp and maybe the tweeter boost on the crossovers to get it perfect. An 07+ wiper would be a nice touch...eventually I'll find the time when I get bored and need to buy something for my truck again :weird:

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
a primer probably is a must for those grey pieces,,,your definately doing them black??? white would be sweet as hell!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
425 Posts
Nice choice of wheels:yes: Like the Audio componentsn too! I might get some wheels by Christmas time, I need to change some suspension parts that need immediate attention, then wheels.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts