Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just took home today a 2008 trailblazer from carmax. only has 9,200 miles, black, rides sweet. Looking to get an aluminum mesh grill insert and maybe a mid range sound system, i also want to paint the chrome cross bar black and have read good and bad things about that. If the chrome bar is sanded down will that prevent the paint from chipping over time as long as it's painted the right way with a few coats and good quality paint?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
If the chrome bar is sanded down will that prevent the paint from chipping over time as long as it's painted the right way with a few coats and good quality paint?
Congrats!

I did this with ours, you can see the pic in my avatar. If you want, I can upload a bigger pic. It will eventually still chip. Ours has very little chips in it just like the hood from driving it. The better job you do the longer it should last though.

We used standard gloss black spray paint with clear coat spray paint. Make sure to sand it very well or the paint will NOT stick and you will have spots everywhere. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.