Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I just bought an 03' Envoy and I just joined this site. What a great rescource.

I feel my Envoy just dosnt look "tough" enough and I would like to add something to give it a more off road look. I am debating between nerf bars or running boards. Anyone have any pics they can post to help me decide? Can anyone recommend places to get either of these? Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks All

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Running boards sort of add to the on-road look... Nerf bars or actual rock sliders add to the off road look..

Mike

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
250 Posts
Anecdotal analysis has determined that Running Boards do reduce some of the road debris and rocks from getting on your TV, bars provide no protection.

However I do not think that any real analysis has been conducted on RBs or Bars and which one provides better protection.

So get what YOU like and worry less what others think.:m2:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Running boards only kill the offroad "tough" look. I like the look of nerfs, but my sliders have saved my ass many times offroad and I would use nothing else.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
:iagree: if your just just going for the 'tough' offroad look and not hardcore offroad then i'd just go with nerf bars. Look much more badass then running boards. If planning on wheeling it, then sliders like the guys mentioned, but those wouldn't be necessary for just a 'look'. :m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
145 Posts
shop around

if you are interested truckchamp.com has low prices and if you sign up you get a discount code via email. I got my Westins for about 280 or so with free delivery, their quick with deliver too. just throwing it out there.:m2:

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,349 Posts
i run boards in the winter for more protection, and bars in the summer.
check out my gallery to give you an idea on looks. it's a TB and white but it might help. :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
55 Posts

Here is a pic of the nerf bar look. I think I am going to cut my brackets down and tuck them under the body or just take them off. They look nice, but stick out to far. I am getting tired of scrubbing the back of britches leg against a dirty nerf bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts