Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2007 Chevy Trailblazer LT and I totaled the front and recently but have been having problems with one of my front tires as well when I hit my brakes it will pull me to the right? Also I'm wanting to know if there are any other multiple Years Around the 2007 that are compatible with the fender the hood and exedra somebody
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

please help me...? :cry::unsure:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 2007 Chevy Trailblazer LT and I totaled the front and recently but have been having problems with one of my front tires as well when I hit my brakes it will pull me to the right? Also I'm wanting to know if there are any other multiple Years Around the 2007 that are compatible with the fender the hood and exedra somebody View attachment 58395
please help me...? :cry::unsure:
My suspicion on the brakes would be warped rotors, not sure if unevenly worn pads would cause that also. Remove the front tires and check for grooves on the rotors

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT EXT
473 Posts
You might want to have a serious chat with yourself about the truck. Is it really worth fixing ?
It looks like the repair cost will far exceed the replacement value
-no insurance ?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
444 Posts
As far as the body goes, I believe that the sheet metal up front is pretty much interchangeable across the model years. There may be a few differences I'm not aware of, so you may want to concentrate on '06-'09.
I'm not sure the fenders will interchange between model with the full length grille bar, such as you show in your pic, and the models without that full length bar. I seem to have read somewhere that they are a bit different.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
274 Posts
have been having problems with one of my front tires as well when I hit my brakes it will pull me to the right?
Probably NOT the tires.

Most-likely seized or partly-seized caliper pistons. The side it pulls-to is working better than the opposite side. Look for problems to be worse on the left side if it pulls to the right.

Other possibility is wiped-out ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends, wheel bearings, etc. Braking causes a change in toe, which causes direction change.

But Trailblazers have aluminum calipers, and they're known to corrode behind the square-cut seal, leading to seized or partly-seized pistons that don't squeeze the pads hard enough. Folks don't flush the brake fluid often enough, the fluid gets contaminated with water; the water corrodes the aluminum. Sometimes the pistons are so stuck that it takes a thousand pounds of pressure from a grease-gun to get the pistons to push out. (In good condition, the pistons will move with 35--50 psi, folks use compressed air at ~90 psi to blow the pistons out of the caliper.)

Bicycle part Gas Auto part Electric blue Pipe

Pistons, seals, and caliper bores/seal grooves cleaned up. Two per front caliper, one in each rear caliper
Household hardware Grey Gas Automotive tire Circle

Pistons before cleanup:
Automotive tire Cylinder Gas Book Font

Don't remove the dust boots unless you've bought a caliper seal kit.
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting

Reactions: Rrs1021
1 - 5 of 5 Posts