Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost 27 and have a 2004 Rainier. I love the truck, but sometimes think it looks a little too luxury for my style. I bought it off my father-n-laws car lot b/c he sold it to me for what he had in it. I want to give it a slight makeover on the exterior to look younger and more rugged. Here's what I'm thinking, but am open to all suggestions. I don't want to spend too much money, less than $500. Don't want to do any lifting, etc.

Do you all like the factory Rainier running boards? I was thinking of taking them off.

Was thinking of getting a full bumber guard or a bull grill push guard like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bull...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Looking forward to what ya'll think.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
some tubular running boards and a brush guard would do the trick, go for it. :thumbsup:

then you can paint skulls and spikes everywhere to reassure haters that the 4.2 is about to open up a can...haha.

good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black out the Chrome.. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

I've gone back and forth on that. The car has lots of chrome accents standard from GM, such as the chrome grille, etc. I was thinking chrome brush guard would look nice, but now I'm thinking black would look pretty darn sweet.

I could get a black push bar on the front bumper, black running boards, take the chrome grille off and paint it black. It might look pretty cool.

What do others think about painting the grille black? This would of course include the Buick name plate on the hood lip above the grille. Not sure how to paint or what supplies to use. I wouldn't use spray paint or anything like that.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
i personally like the look without the boards that i why i have not added them to mine; but if you do take them off you can get a pretty penny for those boards with the chrome accent:yes: I have added more chrome to the outside of mine but take a look at sse1990 gallery he has made his rainier a little more rugged looking with some custom 17 in wheels and more rugged tires. I have also thought that a black bull bar on the front would look good. Let me know if I can be of any help:tiphat

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
47 Posts
An inside roll bar adds a look too, maybe 8 to 12 point set up. Painted black or color match to the interior.

Just in case ya ever roll it over, you know.:woot:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i personally like the look without the boards that i why i have not added them to mine; but if you do take them off you can get a pretty penny for those boards with the chrome accent:yes: I have added more chrome to the outside of mine but take a look at sse1990 gallery he has made his rainier a little more rugged looking with some custom 17 in wheels and more rugged tires. I have also thought that a black bull bar on the front would look good. Let me know if I can be of any help:tiphat
What do you think about painting the chrome grill black and possibly the chrome buick logo on the hatch lid?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts