Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought an '06 TB LS w/29870 mi.Certified GM.Carmax gave good report.Purchased a 5 year/100000 mi extended warranty with it,$100 ded.Was I smart or dumb? $17 a month more in car payment.If Im smart-good.If im dumb,Ill cancel.Thanx for your response.I will take your advice.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Well I would say it all depends on your driving and if you know you will keep it for a long time. How long did you finance for? How much was just the warranty? I know that it only increased your payments by $17/mo but im thinking it was over $1k for that coverage. Is it transferrable to the next person if you sold it? and is that warranty bumper to bumper or Engine only or transmission.

Sorry for all the questions I actually sell warranties.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will know more as soon as the company mails the paperwork.60 mos.Last vehicle,if im lucky ill live long enuff to pay it off.I will definitely get back being you know whats up.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,456 Posts
I got the extended warranty on my '07 when I purchased it used but did'nt finance it I paid cash so I would'nt pay interest. It seems to me if you don't get it something goes wrong but if you do nothing goes wrong. Funny how that works but I would keep it.:m2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did the same thing with the same year with the same mileage. I am only upset that I financed the warranty. I should have paid for that, especially since I put almost 5K down. I should have put 4 and paid for the warranty.

Live and learn. I am glad I bought the warranty. I now have 38,500 miles and it vibrates BAD when sitting at lights. I am guessing either something rotational in nature is bent or it is not running on all 6 smoothly.

However, I am real happy with this rig. (Atlas 88 motor, Auto Trans, 2wd). Trailblazers look nice, better than explorer and 4 runner (imho)

Too bad the manufacture company is run so badly. And I now own part of it, yet see no dividend. Terrible idea giving them billions.

bought an '06 TB LS w/29870 mi.Certified GM.Carmax gave good report.Purchased a 5 year/100000 mi extended warranty with it,$100 ded.Was I smart or dumb? $17 a month more in car payment.If Im smart-good.If im dumb,Ill cancel.Thanx for your response.I will take your advice.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Always go with the warranty

I always go with the warranty because you never know. Mine is in now getting a few interior pieces replaced and the bumper fixed. I don't know about the whole deductible but if thats all you could get go for it. The very second you cancel something will go wrong thats always how it seems to be. It is a big purchase so you def want to protect it. :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
634 Posts
A customer came into work the other day with a ford f-150 with about 60k and like most fords it blew a spark plug out of the head. He says i bought an extended powertrain warranty when i purchased the truck it was around $1300. So he hands me the paperwork and i'm reading through it and basically they put a "additive" in the cooling system for sure and the oil i think. Then it goes on to say how every single oil change has to be done by a shop or an oil change place must have every receipt. So i get to the part of what it covers. The only thing it covers is lubricated parts cooling system leaks and oil leaks. It don't cover anything electrical. Warranty's like that in my opinion are usually a waste of money. I purchased an extended warranty on my 04 grand prix i used to have for about that and it covered EVERYTHING except tires brakes and glass. That was worth it i thought. After working at a dealerships for 7 years now i have seen some that were a joke and the next was great. My advice is read the fine print a couple times. Just my :m2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.