Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Owner's manual has the specs for all fluids. Get a fresh copy under the Resources pull-down menu on top of the page if you don't have one with the vehicle.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
i believe Decron III is called for but also heard hte new Decron Vi is better and compatable. I agree wiht Roadie, best to check the manual.

:m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
:iagree: Put in PCM4LESS trans cooler on my '06 a year & 1/2 ago. Manual called for DEXTRON VI. Topped off then , no problems since. Dex VI should be back workable for all..:m2:

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
You need Dexron VI. Just so you know, if the level is at the bottom of the cross-hatch area you only need to add a pint so only add a little at a time.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
That is what the local dealer said when I serviced mine:yes:
It is, I've got some Dex VI in the original transmission of my Camaro. Dex VI is actually better to use in the Dex III transmissions. It's also "thinner" so it can slightly increase gas mileage. That's why I used Amsoil in my Trailblazer since it meets the Dex VI spec. I would do a trans flush on my Camaro if I knew what kind of service history the transmission had (if any) so I just did a service to it to be safe.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
190 Posts
DEX V1.... AUTOZONE, NAPA, ADVANCE AUTO.... VALVOLINE,CASTROL, MB1 ....they all will work just fine:thumbsup:..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts