Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am having major problems with my system. I have an 05 TB LT with the bose premium system. I had Best Buy take out the factory 6 disc radio and put in a cheap piece of junk from ebay (regretting it:duh:). Its an XOVision1740BT

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6270/XO1...n-Enhanced-Resolution-Multimedia-Receiver.htm

i know its a piece of junk but im low on funds anyways now that its in the radio just wont get loud at all. my friend has the same one in his car and it gets really loud so im wondering if its got something to do with the bose amp system. :confused:

Also i was going to put subs in the other day and i cant figure out where to put the rcas because the cheap radio doesnt specify where to put them. I had the onstar and chime adapter installed at the same time and onstar and chimes dont work. When i push the onstar button the radio just shuts off. Anyways all the speakers are hooked up with rcas because of the onstar adapter so i dont know where to put them for the amp.:suicide:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:hail:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
doesnt help but:

*Karaoke function allows playback of karaoke DVD's through your In-Dash System

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
i know its a piece of junk but im low on funds anyways now that its in the radio just wont get loud at all. my friend has the same one in his car and it gets really loud so im wondering if its got something to do with the bose amp system. :confused:
iirc there should be an adjustment screw in the adapter case

but considering the onstar and chimes are inop, it could be a defective or wrong adapter

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iirc there should be an adjustment screw in the adapter case

but considering the onstar and chimes are inop, it could be a defective or wrong adapter
how do i find this adjustment screw. well the onstar button shuts off the radio, but if i shut off the car and open the door with the keys in the ignition, i can here a faint chime if it is super quiet, but its not really audible at all.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
i couldnt tell you. i didnt have the bose or onstar systems so I used a completely different adapter.

once you give up the model number we'll go from there:cool:
what he said

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok its an axxess gm onstar interface GMOS-04 for 2000-2007 gm do you think it faulty or something?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
196 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have the same truck as you and used that adapter - worked fine.
I'm not sure why they would install your radio, have it not working properly, and give it to you. You paid them to do a proper radio install - not screw things up.
I think they should make it work right or put your stock radio back in. (no more charges - they shouldn't have charged you the first time)

·
Registered
chevy
287 Posts
I believe the GMOS-01 is the correct harness for the aftermarket Bose system. Those with the non-bose use the GMOS-04 adaptor from Axxess.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,674 Posts
hotness, Take it back to best buy and ask them to fix it heres some info on the adapter : http://retailer.installationexcellence.com/productfeatures.aspx?retailerid=1944&productid=6932

"The GMOS-04 interface is designed to allow the user to replace the OEM radio with an aftermarket unit in amplified GM vehicles and retain full functionality of the Onstar system as well as all safety and warning chimes. The GMOS-04 will also retain the retained accessory power convenience features. This interface has the capability of adjusting chime and Onstar volumes as well. In addition to these features, the GMOS-04 now has the required outputs for the installation of a navigation radio." Obviosly it dosent do this and there is something wrong with the install in which they need to fix i'd take it back and say wtf fix this and no im not paying ....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all your guys help and thank you 07 Black Envoy :tiphatthe instructions for adjusting it that u gave me fixed all of my problems now the onstar and chimes work great and i was also able to adjust the sound level so my radio get very loud now. Thank you very much:thx

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
196 Posts
thanks for all your guys help and thank you 07 Black Envoy :tiphatthe instructions for adjusting it that u gave me fixed all of my problems now the onstar and chimes work great and i was also able to adjust the sound level so my radio get very loud now. Thank you very much:thx
Your Welcome, glad I could help.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
67 Posts
i have a XOVision double din stereo im trying to install and today i just bought an interface to retain the chimes and stuff from walmart its a scosche GM2000 for 2003 and up GM its for non bose premium system and onstar i dont have bose but i do have onstar but i dont use it and dont need it. is it possible to still install it and retain the chimes? any suggestions will help if anybody knows about this. if it doesnt work i can just return it back to the store thanks.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
i have a XOVision double din stereo im trying to install and today i just bought an interface to retain the chimes and stuff from walmart its a scosche GM2000 for 2003 and up GM its for non bose premium system and onstar i dont have bose but i do have onstar but i dont use it and dont need it. is it possible to still install it and retain the chimes? any suggestions will help if anybody knows about this. if it doesnt work i can just return it back to the store thanks.
start a new thread

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=63516

1 - 17 of 17 Posts