Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added some insulation around my stock airbox and im going to test the IAT but i dont know what the stock IAT was before the insulation. Anyone have stock IAT records? At 30-40mph 60-70mph and at a stand still?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i dont have any pics because ive been to lazy to get the drive thing i need to hook up my digital camera card to my cpu. I actually found this camera while vacationing in mexico...Found it 15Ft deep on the bottom of the ocean believe it or not. Waterproof digital 8megapixel camera :) but im going to test this tomorrow and i would really love it if someone would chime in with stock IAT

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
I can get some numbers very soon if you'd like. i have a laptop program that tells me the intake temperature. this would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Mine when fully warmed up is usually 4-5 degrees over ambient, but I have a CAI and gutted air box.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Should be able to see the IAT in real time with any decent scanner, like the Snap On Heritage, Solus or Modis.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill be going to use a genisysII today so ill have the IAT with insulation but im not taking it out so i still need the stock IAT's. As for the product i used its like double sided thick aluminum foil with bubble wrap in between. Says it reflects 96% of heat. Its used for home insulation but i figured why not try it. It seems strong enough so far to handle it and as far as looks go..hmmm..not the hottest but ill take it if its productive.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so i hooked up the genisys and drove it around for a while. It is 60F here today and at stand still and hot engine the IAT was at 88F. While driving it was anywhere from 68-74degrees F. So i dont know if this is good or bad but this is with the stock airbox and insulation around it. I havent cut into the airbox to open it up at all yet. I know that ambient air temperature outside is going to play a big part on this I wish i had tested it on similar day with the insulation off to see if it really helped at all but to me 68-74 seems pretty good? Also clocked MPG according to my DIC on the way home. 10 Miles on the highway at 70MPH...23.8MPG i have the 3:43 gear ratio.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
On a recent 160 mile drive I had my OTC scan tool on the whole trip and the IAT on the highway was typically about +/-10 degrees warmer than ambient as measured by the TB thermometer. Can't tell you about city or idle temps though-sorry. Hope this helps! Almost forgot--it's completely stock no mods.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i dunno than i guess ill go to the next step and either put a hose going up to my airbox from bottom of my bumper or cut some of the airbox out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts