Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

The check engine light came on in my 04 Rainier. I took it up to Autozone so they could pull the codes. It pulled a P0133 (heated oxygen sensor bank 1) and a P0410 (Secondary injection/pump system fault.) The P0133 told me it could be O2 sensor defective, or the fuel system is runnin rich/lean and to check other codes. I then checked the P0410 and it said air duct system fault, open or short circuit condition, poor electrical connection, or secondary air pump faulty.

I have just over 58k on my car. Is there a service bulletin on this? Are the two correlated? I read somewhere that the P0133 code, GM extended the warranty on emissions to 8year/80k. Is this true? Trying to figure out if the P0133 caused the P0410, vice versa, or if they're completely unrelated.

Any help you all can offer would be awesome as I am puzzled why this would happen. I will say that I just had some electrical work performed on my A/C and about a week or two later the light came on. Not sure if this would cause the P0410.

Thanks!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Not sure about extended warranty on 0133. Might call a dealer. The P0410 diagnostic is one that runs the secondary air injection pump while monitoring the O2 sensor output. So the O2 sensor is the common item between these two codes. It's mounted in the exhaust manifold on the passenger side of the engine. Depending on what they did to your AC, they might have dislodged a connector or messed up some wiring. Inspect everything. Take it to the AC mechanics and have THEM inspect everything.

Search for P0410 here on trailvoy and you'll discover a wealth of info on how to fix the pump, relay, and exhaust manifold valve if that ends up being your root cause. It could be a big coincidence, but thanks for mentioning the AC work. It may be relevant.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I am not a savvy car guy, and not sure how to replace myself. Any idea on what this costs should be it the problem?
You haven't shared where you are located, and labor rates vary widely around the world. But really, there is NO way for us to answer this sort of question. If we guess low, and you end up paying a mechanic more, you feel ripped off. If we guess high, and you defer doing the work, then you feel ripped off. No win.

Just call mechanics and ask. If you aren't savvy, then you must already have a local trusted mechanic to deal with.

For most backyard mechanics, it's less than an hour - just to put it in perspective, though. If you were near San Diego and drove over here with the part, I'd just charge you two sixes of good beer. If you were going to go offroading with me, just a six. I love beer - it's a currency my wife can't spend. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You haven't shared where you are located, and labor rates vary widely around the world. But really, there is NO way for us to answer this sort of question. If we guess low, and you end up paying a mechanic more, you feel ripped off. If we guess high, and you defer doing the work, then you feel ripped off. No win.

Just call mechanics and ask. If you aren't savvy, then you must already have a local trusted mechanic to deal with.

For most backyard mechanics, it's less than an hour - just to put it in perspective, though. If you were near San Diego and drove over here with the part, I'd just charge you two sixes of good beer. If you were going to go offroading with me, just a six. I love beer - it's a currency my wife can't spend. :D

I appreciate the offer, though I am located in Louisville, KY. My guy charges me about $60/hour for labor. I was more concerned with how much parts would cost. Autozone told me the the O2 sensor would cost $49. I have no idea how much the check value, relay, air pump would cost me (assuming all those were defective, which is not likely.) as autozone does not hav the parts, and also could not tell me the part number to look it up on the web.

I don't do much other than change my oil, filter, etc. Anything else, I am hands off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I :hijacked my own thread and bring it back to life....I just did.

So I have a new found issue relating to these two codes (heated 02 and Secondary injection pump malfunction.) The light went out after fiddling with the gas cap the next day. Then I went to get gas, put the cap on, two days later, I got the light. Don't have diagonostics to re analyze to see if it's the same problem.

Sound like I might have a bad gas cap causing the problem, but wouldn't it send out a different code like P0440. Ever heard of a gas cap causing a P0410 or heated O2 bank 1?

Thanks,
Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts