Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says, i need some opinions on my suspension choices. THIS IS FOR A 4x4 EXT. I just got 22s w/ 265/40/22 tires. Now im looking for my suspension. Here is what i narrowed my choices to. Just not sure of the "best" way.

Ground Force 1.3/3 kit
Belltech Lift/Lower struts
SS rear shocks
Airlift 1000s rear bags

OR
Ground Force 2" drop coil (rears)
SS rear shocks
Airlift 1000s
Belltech L/L struts or SS stocks
SS front springs or stock springs. (unsure)

Im trying to get it level, with less wheel gap. My main concerns are the AIRLIFT 1000s fitting inside the GF springs, and having to lower the front end too much to get the leveled look.

Any help, comments or concerns i appreciate them all....

thanks

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
the Airlift bags will only fit the stock rear springs.. you need the Airlift bags from a KIA SUV (I believe) to fit the shorter aftermarket rear springs

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
26 Posts
Droped ext?

I know this is an old trread but I was wondering. Did you ever drop your ext? If so what kit? I ordered a ground force 1.3/3 kit and someone told me it wouldn't fit. Thanx A.J.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this is an old trread but I was wondering. Did you ever drop your ext? If so what kit? I ordered a ground force 1.3/3 kit and someone told me it wouldn't fit. Thanx A.J.
i have not dropped mine yet, i ran into some money issues and havent gotten around to it yet.

i have decided this is what im going with:
ground force 1.3/3" kit
airlift 1000 lift bags
Belltech Lowering struts
rear drop shocks
adjustable panbar
The blue/yellow SS struts & shocks arent avail anymore, so im doing the belltech struts w/drop shocks. The airlift bags are to take out any sagging the ext may have because of the added rear weight. i have part numbers for everything at home, PM me if you want the part #'s
thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
26 Posts
thanx for the reply. i did some more research and found out that the 4runner airlift 1000 bags are what i need. I'll have pics soon. Got tint today removed roof rack yesterday and my kit will b in tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the reply. i did some more research and found out that the 4runner airlift 1000 bags are what i need. I'll have pics soon. Got tint today removed roof rack yesterday and my kit will b in tomorrow.
post some pics when your done. id love to see what it looks like. also the panhard bar is something you may or maynot need. sometimes ur rearend will shift to one side and offset the wheels in the wheelwell, after you do the drop. this will allow you to adjust it back in.

i def wanna see pics...:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts