Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have to say, I have been looking @ this site for a few days & it has been very VERY informative and helped me learn a few things.. I bought my 2004 GMC Envoy used almost 3 years ago, and have had nothing but problems with it, it seems. The only instrument on my dash that works is my gas gauge, and it's not always right. My speedometer stays at zero, my temp gauge is in the black area, but the most important, is my A/C only runs cold on the driver side. The passenger and rear blows super HOT! Now it's in the middle of summer here in Arizona, and I just can't bear it anymore. I have read up on this site, about the mode actuator being replaced.. and I have thought about doing that..but then I went to Autozone today ( since my check engine light is on) and these are the codes that came up

P0455 (EVAP LEAK "Large")

P0410 (2nd Air Injec)

P0014 (Cam Pos Actuator B)

I know my gas cap is loose, and needs to be replaced. So if any of those codes have something to do with that, then I'm almost positive that's the problem.

If anyone can give me any insight to what is going on with my car, it would be greatly GREATLY appreciated. My husband is currently deployed to Iraq, and usually does the maintenance on our cars, So I'm really not sure where to start.. If I knew what was wrong with the vehicle, and it could be fixed at home, I can do it, to save the $.

Any help would be appreciated, or links to other threads regarding these issues to point me in the right direction would be a big help!!
:thx

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Wow ... here is a start.

Stepper motors for gauges
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=48886

Cooling
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=40235

This should keep you busy ...... but good you found us:thumbsup:

The air pump is expensive so go to a wrecker. Your gas tank filler neck may be cracked causing the large evap leak.

The cam pos actuator is the thing you have to search out as there is a thread with pics for that too. You have to remove the Power steering reservoir to pull it out as it is really long. Sometimes it is just dirty but usually the little screens are compromised.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If the gas cap is loose, a new cap might fix the Evap Leak.

The P0014 can sometimes be fixed with an oil change, if it is time for an oil and filter change anyway, it's worth a shot. Good luck.

Let us know if more help is needed.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, while attemtping to go look at how to replace the mode actuator, I'm a bit confused.. Mostly at how am I supposed to remove the lower dash covers? Isn't that quite a bit of work? I'm awfully scared to tackle sometime like that. :undecided

1 - 4 of 4 Posts