Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys for x-mas i got the 07 style rear wiper arm and i am currently trying to install it; i removed the 13mm nut but the arm does not want to come off the shaft. is there something that i am missing from the article but it looks like it should just pull off? or is there are retaining clip that i have to pop to get the old arm off?

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
haha thanks george; i knew i could count on your for some excelent help; but yeah i just don't want to break anything; i am thinking that gm used some lock tight or something on it because there is something blue on the shaft

edit: just got it off; pics soon

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,674 Posts
ok guys for x-mas i got the 07 style rear wiper arm and i am currently trying to install it; i removed the 13mm nut but the arm does not want to come off the shaft. is there something that i am missing from the article but it looks like it should just pull off? or is there are retaining clip that i have to pop to get the old arm off?
haha thanks george; i knew i could count on your for some excelent help; but yeah i just don't want to break anything; i am thinking that gm used some lock tight or something on it because there is something blue on the shaft

edit: just got it off; pics soon

:undecided wondering if this should be moved to the platinum section :rotfl: Sorry Kev, It was to good to pass up pics please haha

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
Damn Kev, did you get mad at the old one? haha.. This is my next mod for sure, then some expensive ones!

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! lookin good Kev I like how you threw the other one on the ground like a discarded child lol
haha i did not even notice that in that pic; but the old one is actually still in one piece, but he i had to fight with the old one to get it off

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
What size wiper blade is on that thing? cause my 06 has that style of arm. I guess the Buicks got the new style a year before the TBs.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What size wiper blade is on that thing? cause my 06 has that style of arm. I guess the Buicks got the new style a year before the TBs.
yeah the buick and saab (i think) got it in 06. It was an OEM part from the dealer but the part number off the bag is 15232655

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
That does look REALLY good.

Maybe, if I get a side install soon, I'll pick this up for myself... Where'd you pick yours up at?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
Is there a difference between the 06 and 07 wiper arms?
I'm having problems with my 06...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Is there a difference between the 06 and 07 wiper arms?
I'm having problems with my 06...
Let me guess :undecided, it misses a large area near the top half of the wiping area. The 07 is built a lot better, stronger, and cleaner. The spring in the 07 style gives a consistent wipe along the entire length of the blade. Pretty sure you have the old style, as I believe the new style only started to come out in 07. Do yourself a favor and get the upgraded style.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
haha nice nick; guess i was just having too good of a time with my truck:x:D; but here are the pics

before

after

it looks awsome; i kept the old ramp because i think that it fit fine; and don't really plan on using the back wiper much anyway
Did you buy the wiper arm from Parts4chevy? Did it come with everything.....I mean the arm, wiper blade and the cover? The reason i am asking is because I bought an 07 wiper arm from the dealer and just got the arm......I bought a wiper blade from crappy tire and ended up breaking the stupid frickin" clip that holds the blade on...now I am stock with the stupid old style wiper blade....by the way......it looks sweet!!!

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
Looks good!:thumbsup: I done it to my 'voy. It works 100% better !

1 - 20 of 46 Posts