Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part number for the Factory XM radio kit?

Thanks,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, those part number are exactly what I was looking for. I was kind of hoping to find them on Ebay or maybe from someone who disconnect their XM system in favor of Sirius.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
98 Posts
If you replace the headunit is there a way to keep the xm workin.
I believe they are useless if you get a aftermarket HU :bonk:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I was told at one point, no you cannot integrate the factory XM system with an aftermarket HU, but I honestly don't know. I just installed the GM Navigation HU and was looking to install the XM components.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have the part number for the cable that runs from the radio to the receiver? I did not see it in the link you provided.

Thanks,

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Hmmmm, best as I can guess, that's built into the main dash harness. It's customized at the factory to accommodate things like the digital versus manual HVAC system.

To make it easier for the dealers to install XM< they might have left the part you need in. Can't tell. Recommend just looking behind the glove box where it's mounted and see if you have a spare dangling connector. Otherwise you have to buy the connectors, do the pinout research, and fabricate one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that puts a damper on things. I thought it was just a separate point-to-point harness. :(

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
That's the one! I found the pinout in the shop manual, and it's definitely listed for the RPO Code U2K for XM. And it's 8 blades (2 rows of 4 pins) with one not used, like yours.

For fun, I looked on Ebay, and found a bunch of XM boxes, (and cheap antennas), but the XM boxes all seem to have a 16-pin connector - two rows of 8 pins each.

Without taking my closeout panel down, I can't reconcile this discrepancy yet. I'm able to look at mine tomorrow if nobody else chimes in with what their XM connector looks like.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would greatly appreciate it if you or someone could verify how this is connected. Maybe there is an adapter or pigtail required? The one pictured appears to have a total of 7 male pins and 3 female.

Roadie, I got to say, so far I have yet to come up with a problem or question that you have not been able to help me with. Thank you for your expertise!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone been able to investigate the potential difference in pin configuration in these connectors?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It is indeed a little 8" long adapter from one connector style to the other. Labeled GM # 15179451.

Unfortunately, that part number doesn't show up on any of the usual parts sites I checked. Rats.

You would do well to buy the XM module with this adapter from any of the hundreds of folks who have abandoned using it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for looking,
If anyone is willing to part with their XM equipment send me an email or PM.

Thanks,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I have located a unit and the correct harness. Does anyone know the XM module has a theft lock that is similar to the head units or are they plug and play?

Thanks,

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
AFAIK, they're just plug, PAY, and play. Since they can be deactivated by XM within minutes, there doesn't seem to be a market for stolen units. My wife had her exposed GPS swiped, but the removable XM SkiFi next to it in a cradle was untouched.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. That is what I would have figured, but I have seen a lot of conflicting information on other forums. Hopefully after installing the unit and activating it no further action will be required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone Have the Part numbers?

Hello everyone. Well I'm new here having just bought a 08 TB on Sunday. Actually it's my wife's and she graciousley allows me to drive it once in a while!! Anyway it did not come with XM and she really wants her XM back. We would like to have it with OEM GM parts so I am looking for the correct part numbers for this vehicle. Can anyone supply the numbers? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GM has a kit available that included all the necessary cables, antenna and receiver. For a 2008 TrailBlazer the part number should be 17801145. I will look when I get home for the individual part numbers if you need those.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts