Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LT EXT, which has the gray lower bumper sections and the gray skirts along the sides. Im looking at the Dupli-color bumper/trim paints. Im looking at either the gloss black or the dark charcoal. I actually like the gray on the lower part of the sides but my front and back are really faded. My issue is that the charcoal gray doesnt look like it will match the stock color, and Im unsure of which to use.

Any opinions?
Thanks

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Yea the faded grey plastic is a bitch..i would think that the charcol would look good but then you obv can't go wrong with color matching it either. thats a tough one to decide on. maybe have someone photoshop it if they can.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i checked out the Dupli-Color Bumper paint today, and i found out that its not a gloss finish. The customer service rep told me its more of a matte to semi-gloss sheen. Now im completely lost on what to do. Should i use it anyways or maybe go with the Krylon Fusion Gloss Black? If i do the Krylon, could i use any brand adhesion promoter spray? Also, i see alot of people clear coat the Krylon, what brand clear do i use? Does the Krylon clear actually help with color fade etc?

thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
i checked out the Dupli-Color Bumper paint today, and i found out that its not a gloss finish. The customer service rep told me its more of a matte to semi-gloss sheen. Now im completely lost on what to do. Should i use it anyways or maybe go with the Krylon Fusion Gloss Black? If i do the Krylon, could i use any brand adhesion promoter spray? Also, i see alot of people clear coat the Krylon, what brand clear do i use? Does the Krylon clear actually help with color fade etc?

thanks
We have a black LT also with the same gray parts. When I painted our crossbar, we used the Krylon Fusion Gloss black (with no adhesive promoter) and clear coated it with Krylon Triple Thick Clear Coat and it matches the paint almost perfectly. I can't speak for color fade only because we haven't had it on there long enough for it to do that yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts