Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer just called me to let me know that my 24K service (done at 26K) on my 07 TBSS is complete and that some of the noises and rattles i have complained about do not appear when they have driven the car.

None the less they also tell me i need front pads and new rotors as the fronts are SOOOO (actual quote) warped they can't be cut and the pads ar at 2mm. For close to $600 they will gladly replace. This sounds a little high fro just fronts.

So....what would you do? Any really good kits out there for all four corners that would be in that price or let them do it?

Thanks
Budman

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
was the brake pedal pulsating at all? SOOooooo warped would deffinitly give some feedback thorough the pedal. If not DON'T do it.

R1 concepts has their Premium stuff for about $400-$500 i believe. That's all 4 sets of pads and rotors

·
Registered
2008 chevy
238 Posts
im at 23k on my 08 ss and my front brakes and rotors are done, didn't need the dealer to tell me that,LOL.

i'm looking at the R1 setup and pads, maybe even some G2 paint for a lil under 500 smackers

·
Registered
2007 chevy
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No pulse, none! I would have complained about it if it were and what really pisses me off is that i have rattles that they can't identfy that are plain as day but yet i have no problem with the brakes and this is now a problem!

Will look into other optionis, thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
143 Posts
:bonk:I just went in, only 10K on my SS and I was told I need new front rotors and pads.........I can understand the pads as I live in a high traffic area, but not rotors too. Anyone else have this problem? The place told me $275 for front pads and rotors replacing the stock with ceramics. Anyone have a better idea???:bonk:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
180 Posts
I put R1's and their ceramics on all 4 corners for right at $400, if I remember correctly.

Get some caliper paint, in silver, and spray them before you put them on. They look great and work great, too.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
204 Posts
just left midas on on saturday, dealer wanted almost $600 for rotor and pads for the front only, my truck just turned 23,000 miles and i do not drive hard. midas wanted 390 plus tax i offered 300 cash and he went for it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
566 Posts
Just a little mention here....If anyone is a DIY kind of guy.....you can get the parts and do the labor yourself for a fraction of the price you have been quoted. There are plenty of threads here and you can get a manual at a parts store that give step by step instructions. A brake job is one of the easiest repairs to make on a vehicle. Saves a lot of cash a gives a great sense of accomplishment at the same time. :m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Agreed. Replacing disc brakes is one of the easiest things you can do on your auto, regardless of make and model.

Rotors should NOT be bad after 10k miles either. It's just a good way for auto shops to make major $$ for an hour's worth of work in a recession.

Search for threads on changing brake pads, or spend $20 on a Hayne's repair manual for your Trailblazer and do it yourself. Better yet, have a friend who's done it look over your shoulder for a 6-pack.

Front Ceramic brake pads < $40 for the pair at your local Autozone or O'Reilly
Rear Ceramic brake pads < $35 for the pair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts