Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

My name is Mike and I am looking to purchase a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer w/ 79K.
Before making the purchase, I would like to know of any tips or what to look out for before making this kind of purchase.
Are there any issues on these 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer's?

I found this website (below) and it said that there is a issue w/ some kind of ticking, but maybe its ping ignition (due to cheap fuel) maybe?

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Trailblazer/2003/engine/index.shtml

Thanks for any tips and hopefully I will be a Trailblazer owner here very, very soon.

:undecided

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
25 Posts
Don't Do It

Although the TB is a good vehicle it has several major issues. The ticking is not the ignition it is the fan clutch that makes the noise. Several of us are on our second/third fan clutch without GM footing the bill. Also has transmission issues, mine failed at 35,989 miles in the middle of NYC rush hour traffic. Replaced by the dealer only because I hadn't reached 36,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Although the TB is a good vehicle it has several major issues. The ticking is not the ignition it is the fan clutch that makes the noise. Several of us are on our second/third fan clutch without GM footing the bill. Also has transmission issues, mine failed at 35,989 miles in the middle of NYC rush hour traffic. Replaced by the dealer only because I hadn't reached 36,000 miles.

Every vehicle has there own set of problems..........I have a 2006 Envoy and have had it for 2 years.....for that amount of time the only thing I have replaced is the idler pulley and belt tensioner and pinion seal that was leaking..........overall I am happy with my buy.......and BTW......msgzo2....maybe you bought a lemon.........I would trade that in for a newer model........I have heard of people replacing the fan clutch but not 2-3 times.......

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
Don't get me wrong.. I've had my share of problems along the way, but the Trailblazer is a great vehicle. It is capable of alot more than a "soccer mom car" I love my trailblazer and given the chance to buy it again, I sure as heck would.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
My wife drives a 2004 TB we bought new with 120K miles and hasn't had the first problem until now which is only a headlight that is out. She drive the wheels off the poor truck and no problems at all. I would recommend anyone buying a Trailblazer, ours is great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts