Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I really have a problem the last few days. I have a wierd sound coming from front passenger wheel. The sound starts at about 25 - 30 mph and gets louder when driving down the road at higher speeds. There are new tires and breaks and aligment has been done. The mechanic does not see anything loose with the front end and I have verified this when did breaks today. The sound is still there and the tires look good. It sound like something was stuck on the tire but it gets louder at higher speeds. I have had two mechanics look at it and no one says they hear the sound. I know I hear the sound and my wife and father in law here the sound as well. I was wondering maybe if it was the wheel bearing. Please help me on this.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Sounds like you need to find a mechanic that likes his job.

Do you hear it intermittently, or every time you drive? If it is every time, the mechanic isn't driving fast enough. Take him for a ride and point the sound out. Could be a bearing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is every time I drive. It starts at about 25 - 30 mph. I do not get any vibrations at higher speeds. Just constant squishing sound. I can hear it with the noise with the passenger window down and also with radio off and window up. I have drove with mechanic. I am taking to the guy I usually have look at it. He usually does my oil changes and breaks and he pretty knowledgable. Is the bearing hard to do and is it expensive?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts