Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a set of general hts over a week ago. have had a wobbling feel in rear,went today and had them balanced for third time. still has the wobble feel.really noticable the first few miles each time.this is my question,the gave me report on road force balanced today. it says 21,14,10,10...well within spec[39]..said the feel is warped rotor in rear, brake pulse..the problem is i can feel it braking or not..and had no wobble feel with my other tires.it feels like a out of round tire to me,,but they claim no..anyone that knows about these balance numbers do the sound right to you..thank you

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
You could always move the rear tires to the front and see if the problem also goes to the front end.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
835 Posts
I would ask that they swap out the tire....But that's just me....Good Luck

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
To check for an out-of-round tire, jack up the truck so that the suspect tire is just barely off the ground (this is best done on a cement floor). Spin the tire by hand and see if the tire to floor gap changes.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
i bought a set of general hts over a week ago. have had a wobbling feel in rear,went today and had them balanced for third time. still has the wobble feel.really noticable the first few miles each time.this is my question,the gave me report on road force balanced today. it says 21,14,10,10...well within spec[39]..said the feel is warped rotor in rear, brake pulse..the problem is i can feel it braking or not..and had no wobble feel with my other tires.it feels like a out of round tire to me,,but they claim no..anyone that knows about these balance numbers do the sound right to you..thank you
your first problem is that its a general tire. they are crap tires. second 21 pounds on a road force is way out. you want then numbers to be below ten. so my bet is that its the tire that is 21 pounds out

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update,,no matter what they did to balance general hts..still had shake in steering wheel, and wobble in rear,,they called general and they said they have had a few out of round tires. so tire place said they would replace them or trade for another brand. i picked bfg long trail/tours. got them installed this morning,wow there great...great handling,quiet,and no vib,or shimmy. i picked the hts because of top ratings and members here liking them..but they did not work out well for me.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
Good stuff you now have a good tire Bfg it is a good name and with a good name comes a good tire deffinetly one of my choices. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts