Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Need help! With Resonator

12K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  trailali 
#1 ·
Hey guys I want to take off my resonator, and was wondering thats the really big one right after the cats, before the muffler correct. Also what size pipe do I need to get. Is the inlet and outlet the same on the resonator. I want to leave the muffler, just trying to get some better sound. Any help would be great. Also if anyone has some pics of this MOD that would be great. Thanks

#12 ·
interior noise with reso. delete

Hey guys, I'm kinda new on here and didn't know if I should start a new thread or not, but my question is, I am leaning toward removing the resonator, heard a stock SS with this mod. on U tube and liked it. Will this mod. cause much of a difference in interior noise with my SS ? I just don't want a really loud exhaust from the drivers seat. ( my wife ) hee hee

#13 ·
Hey guys, I'm kinda new on here and didn't know if I should start a new thread or not, but my question is, I am leaning toward removing the resonator, heard a stock SS with this mod. on U tube and liked it. Will this mod. cause much of a difference in interior noise with my SS ? I just don't want a really loud exhaust from the drivers seat. ( my wife ) hee hee
Not sure what to say here, it's a matter of preference, but it will get louder. The amount of loudness is so subjective, so give it a go, if it's too loud, weld it back on.:m2:

#18 ·
Actually you'll get a better note if you leave the resonator and get rid of the muffler under the passenger side, don't ask me why it works so well but your SS will scream! I drove one with this mod yesterday and it sounds better than the local Lingenfelter cammed vette... Plus there's no appearance advantage of removing the resonator (on the non-ss TBs there is). Just what I would do because I think it sounds great and you can always put the muffler back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.