Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He y'all I have an 02 tb. I was driving down the hwy and my check ingine light came on . I'm not very good at servicing this car yet .but another light came on and said reducing engine power. And I couldn't go anywhere I shut it off .for a min. And started up no problem I went to auto zone used those scanner . The diag. Code reader said p1484 .
Cooling fan speed excessive rpmalso 0440 evap emissions system p1514 control module and p1345 crank position sensor are I'm not very tech savvy but does this mean I have to change each one of these items or what if you could help with info I would appreciate it

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
662 Posts
The fan clutch shares a 5 volt refence signal with the throttle position sensor and accelerator position sensor. If that signal is degraded the computer doesn't know where those two components really are and goes into reduced power mode to prevent a runaway truck. The fan clutch is a common trouble spot. I would start there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fan clutch shares a 5 volt refence signal with the throttle position sensor and accelerator position sensor. If that signal is degraded the computer doesn't know where those two components really are and goes into reduced power mode to prevent a runaway truck. The fan clutch is a common trouble spot. I would start there.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,697 Posts
One thing to remember about Diagnotic Trouble Codes (DTCs) - they alert you to a problem with a system or a circuit. They do not alert you to a defective part! You must diagnose what caused the DTC to be set. It could be a loose wire, a broken wire, a connector that came unplugged, another circuit or system sharing wacky data, or, it could even be a faulty component (it does happen every once in a while).

So before you go spending your hard earned $$$ at the auto parts store, determine what it is you actually need. It will save you $$$ in the long run.

Welcome to the forum and Good Luck!

Reactions: whitedog
1 - 6 of 6 Posts