Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought my 06 TB and I found that my Bose cd player won't load a cd. I have read the manual and did everything in there. There is a flashing cd symbol on the face of the radio, but when I press eject it tells me there is no cd. I hope someone here can help me, or if not maybe I can buy one off of someone who changed theirs out??

It is the bose 6 disk changer (2006).

Thank you for any help,

Matt Myers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chevy dealer told me today they would have to get the numbers off of the radio and send them into Chevy. They recomend an exchange which will cost me around $200 to $300. Boy I wish I would have checked the cd player before I left the used car dealership. Any way if anyone would happen to have an idea of an aftermarket (not too expensive 2 kids and a budget..LOL)that we could still use the factory speakers for the dvd system that would be cool too.

Thank you for any help,
Matt Myers

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
might be under warranty

If the car is gm certified its covered under the warranty. When i got mine they added on an extra 12,000 miles of bumper to bumper and the 100,000 mile powertrain and its a year older than yours. Make sure before they try and take your money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately it is not a GM certified vehicle. It's a great truck other than just a couple of cliches. One of which the deal is taking care of and this radio thing. even if I knew about the radio before I bought it I probably would have gotten it anyway. This TB is exactly what I was looking for, V8, leather int., factory dvd, EXT, and some more extras.

I just didn't know if there was a different fix other than going OEM. The more I think about it though I will have at least $200 -$300 in a decent aftermarket HU and the kids wouldn't beable to listen to their videos over the factory speaker system (or am I wrong).

Thanks again,
matt Myers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts