Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been going through all the threads i can trying to figure this out but just need some advice to clear things up and help me out. i know there are a few who have gone to a 15 inch wheel with the correct backspacing and a spacers.
my question is if i use wheel spacers say 1.25 or 1.5 either one, (converting to 6x5.5) and run a 15x8 rim with a 4-3/4 rear spacing will i have fitment issues?
im looking at ordering my wheels and tires but want to make sure i have it straightened out before i finalize my choices. it has the factory 17's on now.
im looking to do the bds or even smaxx 2.5/avalanche set up and running 31-32s.
is this a plausible set up with out having to many issues?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
well I am running 32's on my TB right now with no mods done to it. i have 265/75/16 at all the way around on mine, and I aint got no wheel spacers, lift or anything. the only thing i had to do was grind the ball joint down a little

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i still want a little extra clearence though then just throwing them on. but my biggest question is fitting 15" rims. plus i wanted to convert lug pattern to open up wheel options as well as push the tires out some for little wider stance and of course clear the ball joint

·
Registered
275 Posts
you can go with the set up like teebes and all of the have for different wheels just go to chevy 6 lug pattern which i think if I am correct is 6x5.5 i think.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea was looking at going to 6x5.5, it really opens up the selection of wheels lol. but i dont know the exact measurements for trying to run 15's. tried searching and reading through but i cant bring it all in lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
so just jump down to 16's they are just as good, and well 15's are cheaper, but 16's are just sort of nice. i think 15's might look to small cause i had the same ? as you did that i was wondering about and i was sort of convinced to stay with 16's. but i was also talking about going to a jeep lug pattern lol. but i am just going to stick with 16's there are just as good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts