Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have read some info about shocks on this site and come to find out I'm still alittle torn on which brand to go with. Our 2002 TB w/85k miles is driven 95% of the time by my wife. It's a 2wd and does not see any off road use. The most off roadin it may see is hopping a curb from time to time at the mall. :p Some city driving, but for the most part highway miles is what she dirves. This truck will stay stock no mods to the ride height.

We like the ride over all, but could use a little stiffin up. Can this done just by replacing the shocks? We may add sway bars in the future, but we will cross that bridge in time. I see Shock Warehouse is the preferred place to shop. Are there any discount codes? Also any discount codes for susp web sites?

So any thoughts? I sure would like your input on this subject.....Thx 4 the 411

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
721 Posts
If you have read the posts on shocks you should have seen mine.

My recommendation for you would be to go with the TBSS shocks. You will pay more for them, but be happier with the ride.

You can put the Bilsteins on, and get them from Shockwarehouse, which is where I bought mine, and that will be your cheapest option, but the front will probably be a little stiffer than your wife will like. Not so noticeable on the highway, but definitely noticeable around town. I ended up regretting my decision, but that may have been because I had the Avalanche shocks on the rear. Others have said the Bilsteins on the front are ok. I'd still go with the TBSS units.

Shocks are enough to stiffen the front suspension. Just remember, the more shock you add, the harsher the ride. If you like the ride overall, then I don't think you will be happy with a lot more shock.

Code is Trailvoy10 if I recall correctly for Shockwarehouse.

You will have to search the thread or do some research for the TBSS part number. I seem to remember finding it at Rockauto.com.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
Just an update on the TBSS shocks. If you read some threads here, people are saying that the new black TBSS shocks aren't as good as the old ones.

I have no idea myself as I have the original shocks in mine, but I wanted you guys to know what some are saying.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts