Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Need Help- Sub Installation in a 2006 Envoy Denali

6K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Fenny 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2006 Envoy Denali. This vehicle has the stock navigation system with the monitor in front. Do I need to purchase a different deck to make my subs work? I am only looking to get a 10" with a 250 Watt Amp. I am looking into a custom Sub Box to fit in the back. Anyone ever do anything like this before? New to the sound system world and looking for help

#4 ·
You can use an adapter, which is prewired with 2 connectors. You unplug the connector from the factory radio, plug that into one of the adapter connectors, and then the other adapter connector plugs back into the factory radio. It will give you RCA outputs as well as a turn on wire for the amp.

Another method is to take the low-level inputs to the bose amp, and hardwire in rca leads. You''l have to also wire in a turn on lead for the amp.

Each has its advantages (cost vs. easy hook up) but the end result is the same.

#17 ·
The re-Q is also a processor, and one of its features is to adjust the bass output if/when a factory deck cuts back on the bass output at higher volume levels. To the best of my knowledge, the factory bose head unit does not process anything, any processing is done in the factory amp.

The re-Q needs to be hard wired into the stock wiring.

The PAC does not do any processing, but then again processing will not be needed.

The PAC is hooked up by unplugging the connector from the factory deck, plugging that connector into the PAC, and plugging the connector coming out of the PAC into the deck. Run your rca leads and remote turn on lead to the PAC and you're set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.