Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 TB EXT with the North Face clearance lights on the roof. I need to replace the bulb but can't figure out how to remove the amber lens assembly to get at it. The dealer doesn't seem to know how either. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I believe the orange lens just pops off.. but you gotta squeeze the sides and pull it up from the back. (a small flatblade is good for getting tabs out)

at least thats how it is on the NON-Northface (black plastic instead of lens) :undecided

·
Registered
2004 chevy
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies- does the amber lens itself pop off or the black plastic piece that surrounds it? I am not able to "squeeze" the amber lens and am afraid to attack it with a screwdriver!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If it is the same as the standard end cap, there is a small opening on the inside part of the lens.(Toward the center of the roof) Use a small flat screwdriver to push in the clip/tab and pull up the back edge of the lens.

·
Registered
2004 chevy
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I figured it out! The EXT clearance lights are COMPLETELY different from the std TB and GM doesn't publish any instructions WHATSOEVER. I had to pop off (destroy) a retaining clip on the side of the roof rack, then pry up the entire black plastic assembly (the amber lens is GLUED in place), then remove the bulb holder, then replace the bulb! Took 10 hours to figure out, 10 minutes to do. Thanks for the suggestions:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
That really sucks! Why couldn't they have made them the same? Glad I was able to provide you with some pics and stuff to try and help out. Glad you finally got it done but bummed you had to wreck something to figure it out! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts