Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to clean out the wiper motor. I've got the wipers, antenna, and the two nut screws on the sides off. I can't figure out how to get the bottom pins - the ones under the hood, to come off. Any help?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Use a small flathead screwdriver or even a hook/pick set to pull the pins out. They're just push-in pins. Don't drop any. You might want to take the time to clean the area between that rubber flap and the sheet metal. I'd even go as far as to run a bead of silicone sealant along the joint of the metal/rubber, so that water doesn't breach and end up on top of the motor. This has happened to some of us and caused a ignition coilpack failure in cylinder #4, usually.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use a small flathead screwdriver or even a hook/pick set to pull the pins out. They're just push-in pins. Don't drop any. You might want to take the time to clean the area between that rubber flap and the sheet metal. I'd even go as far as to run a bead of silicone sealant along the joint of the metal/rubber, so that water doesn't breach and end up on top of the motor. This has happened to some of us and caused a ignition coilpack failure in cylinder #4, usually.
Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts