Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, first of all sorry for my written English it is not perfect because I'm from other country.
I need help to solve my problem which is that I can't start the engine.
Story is...
Couple of months ago I decide to install an LPG installation for my 2005 trailblazer 4.2 LS. After installation some times I got P0171 code on OBD.
Couple of days ago I replace spark plugs and improve connection at first coil (sometimes I had also P0300 code). I've check also throttle and MAP sensor (connections, cleaning throttle)
After that engine starts normally and i go for a test ride. After 1 km engine goes down while I was driving P0068 code was on.
I tried to start engine couple of times but it won't start. I get another code P0107. Starter try to spin the engine with no effect... I tow car to my home and after that when I turn the ignition on - starter was not working, lights getting dim for a while and nothing...
I've checked connections again, throttle (actual position on scanner is 28%), check MAP sensor on scanner 100kPA while plugged in and 10kPA when i unplagged the connector. I charge battery by cabels for 15-20 minutes from another car and still the same. I connect directly voltage from battery to starter and its turning so it seems to be fine but still not turning the engine after ignition.

P0068 and P0107 was erased, now when I try to start engine no codes on scanner.

What can I do next? What could cause this problem?
Please help and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
295 Posts
By chance ,do you have a aftermarket car alarm or antitheft system or even a remote auto starter on the vehicle. If you do this could be your problem. Some antitheft cut the power to the electrical system, some just cut the fuel supply. The remote starter could possible do the same.
The other option are, Check the ground from the engine, or the ignition switch.

Good luck buddy, may-be someone else has different ideas.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just noticed something, you change your fuel supply from gas to LPG. That means you do not use a fuel pump, you are using a govener, don't know but the security sysytems on the trailvoys are probably noticing something missing and sutting you down. I think the system is called "Passlock II" I am sure it will be corrected if I am wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By chance ,do you have a aftermarket car alarm or antitheft system or even a remote auto starter on the vehicle. If you do this could be your problem. Some antitheft cut the power to the electrical system, some just cut the fuel supply. The remote starter could possible do the same.
The other option are, Check the ground from the engine, or the ignition switch.

Good luck buddy, may-be someone else has different ideas.
Thank you for replay
Nothing extra added just original equipment

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just noticed something, you change your fuel supply from gas to LPG. That means you do not use a fuel pump, you are using a govener, don't know but the security sysytems on the trailvoys are probably noticing something missing and sutting you down. I think the system is called "Passlock II" I am sure it will be corrected if I am wrong.
I forgot to add that this happens while I was driving on gas not on LPG.
LPG installation works fine for last 3 months except that I had P0171 and P0300 sometimes so I don't think that the installation cause this problem.
This is a 4 generation LPG installation we call it sequential - STAG PREMIUM more info on site below:

http://www.ac.com.pl/en/

·
Registered
295 Posts
Had a coulple of minutes and read alittle on your codes. p0171 is a tuff one, p0300 isa mutiple mis fire. Try changing out all you plugs with AC DELCO 41-103, unplug the battery and leave it unpluged for at lease 45 min. take off the throtle body and give it a good cleanning, change your air filter and reset the gage on the side of the intake tube. ( if you have one ). As you are changing the plugs inspect the boots on the coils to see for ware. Might aswell do a Sea foam treatment at the same time. put everything back together and give it a try.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mika Thank you it will be helpfull after I resolve the problem with engine and start it up.
Yesterday I take my car to mechanic specialized in electornic and electric staff, couple of minutes ago I receive a phone call from him.
It seems that engine is blocked in one position for some reason, you can manualy turn to some position and then back to the same position.

Is this engine a collision one ?
probably something is wrong with timing gear or chain...

Any suggestions, maybe somebody has familiar syphtoms in the past ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts