Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:duh: :confused:

did the front brakes on my wife's 02 Envoy XL last weekend (new pads/rotors turned). Thanks to the Forum's help it went good. Now she is compaining about grinding noise from the front brakes. I thought I read that this may be caused by the dust sheild that is behind the rotor being bent. Any suggestions what may be causing the noise?

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the site. Yes sometimes the dust shield can and will make noise, check that and not to sound,,,, strange,,, but I have seen a couple of people put the brake pads on backwards with the backing plate against the rotor and that will really make a loud grinding noise.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Robert

I will check it out!

Welcome to the site. Yes sometimes the dust shield can and will make noise, check that and not to sound,,,, strange,,, but I have seen a couple of people put the brake pads on backwards with the backing plate against the rotor and that will really make a loud grinding noise.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dust Shield

It was the dust shield. Hammer & screwdriver fixed it. Wife is happy and I am happy!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat .Life is alway better when the wife is happy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts