Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crazy:hi guys well just got done installing my 2 jl w7s with 2 boston acoustic gt 24 amps 1 4 each pretty impressed lol , anyways i already installed soundstream sst6.5s in front and rear so first i need suggestions on amp just to run 2 front so 2 channel amp about 10 2 each coaxail i was thanking orion cobalt 300.2 and also i already have distribuation block 4 both ground and power for big amps so all i need is rcas but please help on how 2 install amp 4 coaxials if u have pics please show thanks very much

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
45 Posts
To be honest, your best bet is to sit down and think about what your budget is and what you're trying to accomplish.

I've been in the 12V audio game for quite a while and I've seen this happen time and time again. Somebody will go out and buy big expensive subwoofers and amplifiers and get a **** tonne of bass only to realize that their mid-bass all the way up to the tweeters is completely inadequate - it's all about balance.

Boston amplifiers are good, and the W7 is an amazing sub but it appears you've either blown the whole audio budget on subwoofers and sub amps and are now chincing out on what REALLY counts.

I would've sooner strapped both those Boston amps to a single W7, sold the other subwoofer and spent that money on some nice Focal, Boston, Diamond, or Image Dynamics speakers.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i mean there really nice speakers sound good just alone no amp but the good thing i got the actually w7 12s and the 2 boston amps 4 a hell of a deal 550$ with ported box .i mean i really dont have a budget on amp 4 mids and highs but i also could use some tweeters could u give me ideas on that 2 please and on the amp i was just thinkin 2 channel just because i could get a 4 channel i had a jl e4300 in my dodge but it blew and it was 135 2 get fixed from jl so no go there but please keep givving ideas thanks guys yall are lifesavers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts