Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just received two (Metric and SAE) 9pc. Craftsman wrench sets from my dad but they didn't come with or in a storage container. I've been looking around for a "roll up" type pouch for them, but I can only seem to find one for a 14 pc set. Obviously I have 18 wrenches that need to be stored.

I'd like to be able to store these conveniently, so the roll up option seems best, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
How about a small soft side tool bag, like the type that comes with some electric drills. Hardware stores (try Home Depot) sell socket holders, made of plastic and if you can picture look like this. A flat plastic strip 12" to 18" long, 2" wide, has plastic posts to match the drive size and holds the socket. I think they come in various colours. But the beauty is, as your collection grows you just add strips.

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
888 Posts
How about a small soft side tool bag, like the type that comes with some electric drills. Hardware stores (try Home Depot) sell socket holders, made of plastic and if you can picture look like this. A flat plastic strip 12" to 18" long, 2" wide, has plastic posts to match the drive size and holds the socket. I think they come in various colours. But the beauty is, as your collection grows you just add strips.
Think he is trying to find something for box/open ended wrenches. I have a case i bought from lowes its a bit bulky for 18 wrenches but i have wrenches, sockets, screw drivers, nut drivers and a couple allen sets in it. I used some foam about 1.5" thick and cut the shadows out and just layered the foam to fit in the case. Works perfect cause it doesnt take up much space in the TB and i have everything i need for a roadside repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts