Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a trip and left my '02 TB at the airport over the weekend. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but after I got back home I noticed two things odd:

1. The dome lights don't shut off automatically when you close the door. You can either have them on all the time or off all the time. Playing with the dome toggle button doesn't seem to revert it back to automatic mode. The interior lights will come on when you use the remote, and will shut off automatically if you don't open the door, but after they go out, if you open the door, the interior lights don't come on. Wierd!

2. The other oddity since this started to happen is that the radio no longer stays on for the 1 - 2 minutes after you shut off the key, but before you open the door. I used to enjoy that few seconds that the radio stayed on while I gathered my things, etc. The owner's manual doesn't even mention this feature, let alone tell you how to restore it.

Neither of these things are earth shattering, but I'd still like to get an idea of what's going on. Has anyone else ever experienced these issues?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Does it happen no matter which door you use?
Definately doesn't light with the rear hatch open. Not sure about the other doors, as wife has the car today.

What is your theory?

UPDATE: Verified tonite that the problem exists with ALL the doors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
half of the problem solved (although I don't know why)

Well, for some strange reason, the radio is working normally again. Maybe the cold affected it? But the problem with the cabin lighting persists. Still can't figure that one out.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Do you have bo]uttons on your steering wheel? If so, use the settings button (bottom right on the wheel) and I believe "premier lighting" should be on...
see if that works:)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
341 Posts
I wonder if your battery is low. Many electronic features go into a self preservation mode so that remaining power is available for starting the engine.

(the radio usually plays for 8 minutes after ignition off if doors not opened)

just a thought

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have bo]uttons on your steering wheel? If so, use the settings button (bottom right on the wheel) and I believe "premier lighting" should be on...
see if that works:)
No, unfortunately no steering wheel buttons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts