Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 tb i6 engine 4x4 ...168k About month and half ago started making kind of slight whirling /scraping noise up front that would increase with speed ..really would only notice it while taking corners ...both directions about same . Turning slow in parking lot was very faint..high speed on/off ramps on interstate definitely louder. Had shop check out...couldn't find anything but drivers side ball joint ...didn't think that was noise changed anyway. Also rotated and balanced tires. Over next couple weeks notice getting slightly louder week by week. Driving home from couple hr drive started sounding like brakes clips grinding but it wouldn't really change when using brakes...still seems more when turning but now getting more pronounced even when straight . Put up on stands at home spin wheels seams pretty normal...slight dragging ...slight similar noise very faint ..nothing getting hot or smell ...pads very thick and rotors good...Wagner thermal quite pads and new rooter about yr ago ...cleaned everything put back together . A day or so later seems even louder took back to shop ...checks wheel bearings ..cv shafts ..brakes ...nothing!!! Now he thinks bearing in differential !!! Not what I want to hear!!! I have changed all differential ...transfer and transmission fluids myself in last yr or two with the correct fluids from the stealership ...no metal ...just mostly dark dirty looking . Any info much appreciated ...thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Change both front wheel bearings. One or both are bad. Even if they don't seem loose or bad, I would be willing to bet a dollar to a donut that is the problem. I had the passenger side go out at about 125K. Wasn't loose or dragging but when loaded during a turn was very obvious that was the problem. When that fixes the problem get a new shop to take it to.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts