Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to change out this blinker switch that's right by the steering wheel the blinker anyway I've never done it before and I'm trying to figure it out if anyone can give me any tips how to get into this thing and be able to swap the switch that would be very helpful it's a 2003 Trailblazer any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
I'm trying to change out this blinker switch that's right by the steering wheel the blinker anyway I've never done it before and I'm trying to figure it out if anyone can give me any tips how to get into this thing and be able to swap the switch that would be very helpful it's a 2003 Trailblazer any thoughts?
I got LOTS of thoughts.

#1 RULE HERE ....

DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY --- NOW, FOREVER AND NEVER unless someone here tells you to.

Your blinker switch is called a "Multi-function Switch".
IIRC - You will need a 1/4" drive 5.5mm 6-point socket for this and other jobs anyway --- get a deep and a shallow.
Go slow --- you're working with 19 year old plastic that was suspect when it was new ... just saying ....
If you buy an off-brand, Chinesium or Store Brand, be prepared to change the multifunction switch a few more times until you buy a good one.
Do NOT buy a junk yard part - it will be used and you already have a used one.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
683 Posts
I got LOTS of thoughts.

#1 RULE HERE ....

DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY --- NOW, FOREVER AND NEVER unless someone here tells you to.

Your blinker switch is called a "Multi-function Switch".
IIRC - You will need a 1/4" drive 5.5mm 6-point socket for this and other jobs anyway --- get a deep and a shallow.
Go slow --- you're working with 19 year old plastic that was suspect when it was new ... just saying ....
If you buy an off-brand, Chinesium or Store Brand, be prepared to change the multifunction switch a few more times until you buy a good one.
Do NOT buy a junk yard part - it will be used and you already have a used one.

We just called it the MF switch!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts