Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing my second PCM, I had to do a security relearn. Vehicle is running fine, but am getting two issues that are very strange and cannot figure out how to fix them.

1st, my change oil light come on when starting the vehicle. It only stays on for 30 seconds and then goes away. I tried to just reset my OLM, but that isn't fixing the issue.

2nd, on my factory HU, I get a display that states "CAL ERR" that come on for 5 seconds then goes away. Radio or CD doesn't play until this is off the display on the HU. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on and how to get both of these anomalies fixed.

Also the Tech 2 didn't see any issues with the vehicle, was showing a security code, but was passed. So the tech cleared that code out. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix these issues???

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
My guess for the OLM is that the PCM that was used is within 10% of its OLM level. Getting the stinker to reset without the DIC buttons on vehicles so equipped is a real P.I.T.A. - I would almost bet you didn't perform it just right to reset it. Go for 4 times within 5 seconds after key-on, and press the pedal smoothly to the floor and release. I'm grateful I have the DIC setup every single time I change mine, my neighbor and my wife's old Venture before it was traded always took 2-3 attempts to get them to reset.

As for the Cal Err, I'm wondering if the vin in the PCM was set incorrectly and doesn't reflect the true VIN of the vehicle. I had this with one of my PCMs from Lyndon at Westers. State inspection caught the mis-match and sent an inspector out to verify my vehicle was the one actually inspected. It most likely is a VIN mismatch between the BCM, PCM and Radio....I might be wrong, but that's my $.02 on the subject.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts