Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my TB tinted with 5% on top of the factory tint thats already on there and at night it is plain dark...

Aside from putting on some trail spotlights in the rear for backup lights, I need an option thats better than the stock lights.

Basically im asking for opinions as to what I should get. I was thinking about getting high intesity LED flood lights from Oznium, but im not sure.

Any ideas will help out greatly.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Here's mine. Got them from Jetttstream, but you can also get them from Autolumination.com as well. 30 forward firing LEDs, 10 fire into the reflector. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
286 Posts
How long have those lasted for you? I've used the Halogen back-up lights before.... they were brighter than standard incandescents, but didn't last very long.....

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I got them in January 2010, and they are really bright, throw a ton of light. As long as you don't get em wet, or push too much power through them, LEDs shouldn't go bad on you. :cool:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,357 Posts
I bought a set of these last night to replace the current LEDs I have in for reverse lights now - hopefully they turn out to be nice and bright, but for the price, you really can't go wrong:

You may also want to check out this thread that talks about putting in LEDs for your reverse lights too...

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I bought a set of these last night to replace the current LEDs I have in for reverse lights now - hopefully they turn out to be nice and bright, but for the price, you really can't go wrong:
Did you already try the 18 set from the other thread? I wanted to see how those looked (not that they would be close to the 42's, but still...)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Did you already try the 18 set from the other thread? I wanted to see how those looked (not that they would be close to the 42's, but still...)
I thought about getting the 18's, but when I weighed the cost vs the number of LEDs, I couldn't resist... hehe

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Holy crap... those are gonna be bright!!! :laugh:
Man I thought of you as soon as I saw em :thumbsup:

Sure buy them and send them to me!I'll let you know!:tiphat
:dielaugh: I am more than happy with my 30-10 setup. I was PM'ing another member about these, wondering which bulb style is better for the # of LEDs. Spider arm style, or corn cob style. Doubling my light output back there... Might as well wire up some HIDs! :bonk:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Personally, I think the spider type would be brighter, just based on the design of the bulb, but if you have enough LEDs I think the candle type could be bright too... :undecided

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's mine. Got them from Jetttstream, but you can also get them from Autolumination.com as well. 30 forward firing LEDs, 10 fire into the reflector. :thumbsup:

What % tint is that on the window? Do you have 5% like I do?

Think im gonna get these...

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Personally, I think the spider type would be brighter, just based on the design of the bulb, but if you have enough LEDs I think the candle type could be bright too... :undecided
I think the same thing. I saw some 7 arm bulbs on V-LEDs, but that was after I bought mine already. 62 front firing, 24 radial firing bulbs. :cool:

What % tint is that on the window? Do you have 5% like I do?

Think im gonna get these...
Honestly, I have no idea, it was on there when I bought it. It's not that dark really, it may be factory tint, and the fronts were just matched to it. I want to go darker, the front windows need to be redone anyway, as there are pits and minor scratches in it. :ugh:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
177 Posts
I have the same taillights. So you ordered the Jettt5stars? Is it just a plug n play deal? Thanks

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
16 Posts
Jetttstream is a good guy to deal with.

I purchased a pair off eBay for about $20 a while back before I realized he had them. I'll try to get some pics tonight....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts