Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to do my brakes. I've done a lot of looking here and have heard mention of rotopros but can't fine a thing about them on the web. Any suggestions on cross drilled rotors and pads.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I have an Eastcoast Connection in Boston.... HE has hooked a few members up.. PM me and I will give you his contact info.. He is a great guy and a Fellow trailblazer owners..

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I would suggest Slotted only rotors... not slotted AND drilled..

I know its not prone to high heat but being drilled takes away from surface area and slotted helps with scavenging the gases away from the rotor..

and yes I know you see drilled and slotted rotors come from the factory on the ZR1, Enzo, Various Porsches and other supercars...

but their rotors are 15 inches and up..

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I would suggest Slotted only rotors... not slotted AND drilled..

I know its not prone to high heat but being drilled takes away from surface area and slotted helps with scavenging the gases away from the rotor..

and yes I know you see drilled and slotted rotors come from the factory on the ZR1, Enzo, Various Porsches and other supercars...

but their rotors are 15 inches and up..
Friend of mine has a new Corvette ZO6 and the rotors are only Drilled.. Just tell Woody what you want, he will do it all....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was looking for cross drilled only. I've read that the purpose of the slotted is to shave the glazing from the pads. But this isn't a race car and I'm not building up enough heat to be glazing my pads.

Oh and what does everyone suggest for pads? I see most are going with ceramics.

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Yeah, I was looking for cross drilled only. I've read that the purpose of the slotted is to shave the glazing from the pads. But this isn't a race car and I'm not building up enough heat to be glazing my pads.

Oh and what does everyone suggest for pads? I see most are going with ceramics.
Ceramics are the factory issue and the best way to go. Talk to Woody and he will do it right :thumbsup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Breaks are done!

justblazin and woody get all the thanks. These rotors are sweet! I ended up going w/ the ones finished in black and cross drilled only. They look real good on the TB. Now just need to paint the calipers.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
34 Posts
I got my drilled and sloted rotors from a friend in long beach ca. i will try to contact him again so that i can get the name of the company for anyone that is interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts