Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I will be getting new door speakers thats not the problem my tb has does not have bose but it does have the little tweeters in the top of dash or 3 1/2's whatever they are is there a way to bypass them or will I be stuck using them ?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I thought only the Bose vehicles had actual tweeters in there, but the grille is present in all vehicles. Have you pried up the dash trim to see if those are empty locations?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
it doesnt matter if you want them then just take them out or dont hook them back up when you do your new wires

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
I've noticed that I lose the "highs" when someone sits in the passenger seat, because they're blocking the speaker with their leg.

What is the size for the dash speakers? I think I'd like to mount something in there for better sound.

CDT makes a tweeter setup specifically for this, and I'll probably make a bracket to fit them behind those grills.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought only the Bose vehicles had actual tweeters in there, but the grille is present in all vehicles. Have you pried up the dash trim to see if those are empty locations?
will I have to take the whole dash out when I look through the windshield I can see a speaker not a tweeter and the bolts that hold it down it looks like a 3 1/2 to me and my radio does not say bose on it anywhere it's just a cd and tape player.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking the dealership took the bose radio out and put a standard one in is that possible?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
I think it would take a lot more than just switching radio's.
The Bose system sends a pre-amp signal to the back of the truck where the Bose 6 channel amp is. Then it gets distributed to the 6 speakers.

Look inside the door of your glove box. There's a list of codes. If UQA is there, you have the Bose Premium sound system. (here's a list of what all the codes are).

Someone said about 3 1/2's up there - so I bought some. It's going to take some cutting to get them in. But yes, it just looks like a small speaker. If you decide to get at them, part way up the front pillars there's a little cover - pull it out and remove the screw - then the pillars can be pulled off. Once they're off the dash can be pried up and off - just snaps in place. Just be gentle so you don't break the clips.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I will look at it tomorrow so if I want to run speakers up there Is the a build in crossover or will I have to buy one to run them along with all 4 door speakers?

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I've noticed that I lose the "highs" when someone sits in the passenger seat, because they're blocking the speaker with their leg.
same here, drove me nuts:crazy:

Thanks I will look at it tomorrow so if I want to run speakers up there Is the a build in crossover or will I have to buy one to run them along with all 4 door speakers?
take at what you have look first, there is a significant difference between the bose/ non bose systems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts