Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I reinstalled an INR LUX Navigation head unit into my 2002 Envoy... this is a totally different unit than my last one (same part number, 15204335) but am experiencing different behavior out of this unit vs. my old one.

1.) When Im on the NAV screen and change radio stations via the steering wheel controls, I dont get a flash up of the channels anymore on the NAV screen. On my old 15204335, it would show the radio station in the left corner. Or if I switched Sirius stations, a big bar would come across the screen with the station name and song, info etc... Is there a setting that makes the info come up - I couldnt find it if there is?

2.) Its seeming to take a verrry long time to catch a signal and start navigating. The NAV antenna is in the same exact spot - under the dash, but above the vents wedged in. My old 15204335 would start navigation right away.

3.) Every time I start my truck, it makes me press "enter" to acknowledge that driving with the NAV on is dangerous. I remember doing this one time before on my old one and it never came up again. Why does it keep coming up every time I start my truck and how can I get it to stop coming up? I do NOT have the VSS wire hooked up...

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, the VIN was cleared so it doesnt need programming. It was complete plug n' play. Im fortunate to have a local re-seller of GM radios. He gets them remanufactured and services the dealerships, local radio shops, etc...

I sent an email to the guy, Im wondering if there isnt a BIOS flash or firmware update that it needs to have? Is there a settings screen that Im missing somewhere?!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the problem :duh:

The radio guy gave me a 15204334 (first revision). I had a 15204335 before, which had updated firmware and apparently, more options.

Im going to call him tmo and ask to exchange it for a 4335. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.