Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago I bought a navi unit of ebay and the sirius adaptor to replaced my normal radio and broken sirius unit. I finally got around taking it to the GM garage today to get them to program it...cost $108. I was so excited! I was driving home when all of the sudden the screen went blank and it kind of smelled like melting plastic (but since I can't smell this could be nothing) ! Grrr...everything else is sort of working, although without the screen you really can't see what you're doing...I unplugged it for a few and plugged it back in with no result.

Could this have been caused by them programming it? I had played around with it for about an hour to make sure it worked while hooking up the new siruis adaptor and it was fine!

Could I send it out somewhere to get fixed for a reasonable price or should I just buy another one...there are no good deals on ebay now.

This really sucks...before I was stuck witha siruis unit I could not see, and now I'm stuck with a nav screen I can't see!

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
melting plastic, thats not good.

what unit is it? was it one of those navs for $200 from china?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it was a factory unit...

It is model # 15204335, not from China, however it was at some point refurbed in Mexico. Melting plastic is not good...but like I said I can't smell so it might have been a phantom scent!

I should have known it was doomed from the start bc the cd player did not work...the seller refunded 1/2 my purchase so it was $75 and since I don't listen to cd's I thought I could deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts