Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have gotton a lot of heavy wet snow today and I went out to clean off my truck so it doesnt get worse later but I was pushing the snow off the roof from the passenger side and I guess somehow it made my antenna on the drivers side roof( looks like a fin idk if its for navi or onstar) loose and now i am worried about the water leaking in to the truck, I cant do much today to fix it but does anyone know if I take the headliner down on the drivers side front will I be able to get to it from there? i'm not sure if I broke it or just made something loose, hopeing its just loose :duh: Any help on this would be great! and should i worry about the water coming in? its only loose on one side. I have a 06 SSTB Thanks! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I thought they might have used two-sided adhesive to hold it, but the shop manual says there's a nut inside above the headliner. The nut must have jumped the threads, or the sheet metal bent, to allow one side to lift.

I would worry about water getting in, yes, and would dry off the surrounding roof, and duct tape a zip-lock freezer bag or some thick plastic over the antenna to the roof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and yes i am going to tape a bag over it right now and I will check it out to see if the nut jumped the threads or if i realy broke the whole thing which is probally my luck! haha thanks again for the info I am looking for a shop manual for the truck not a dumb pep boys haynes version but I think I can drop the headliner without messing things up since I have a body shop backround. Thanks again!
:hail:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
29 Posts
Mine is loose too. I hit it by accident when brushing off snow from last night. I am concerned water damage will be coming. If I push it towards the drivers side I see a gasket but I would like to know how it is secured so I can take extra measures to seal it. Any diagrams?

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just dropped mine off at the dealership because i bought it with a bumper to bumper warranty and they said they could probably cover it on that, but I was told in the other post that if you drop the headliner on the drivers front then you can get to it and a nut holds it on so I hope that helps but yes water can definitely run in that opening and i'm sure it wont take much to leave a nice nasty water ring on the headliner or mess up the electrical stuff on the roof so I hope you can fix it before water gets in, but just look up in resources in the upper right of the screen and maybe you can find directions in that. but be careful because I know mine has side airbags and I'm pretty sure part of that is in the piller next to the window. let me know how you make out and if i find any info out I will let you know

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
onstar antenna loose

Has anyone come up with a method to tighten up the onstar antenna? Or is it just start taking the headliner apart. Oh, by the way. What a pain in the butt to register and get a password set up on here. 3 hours over 2 nights just to get registered! Unacceptable...:hissy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts