Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, new here!

06 Envoy Denali XL, everything on NAV/Radio seems to work OK, but now when I push the DEST button the whole system resets back to the state after I turn on the car. I've gone through all the other buttons/features, and they work except when I hit the "memory locations" it also seems to reset.

So I can't effectively use the NAV and I need to!! (but I can watch the map to tell where I'm located -- even if I'm lost cause I cant NAV!).

Is this a common problem? Can I reset the whole system? How do I clean the DVD reader? Is there a service manual available that tells you sweet things like how to bring up self tests etc on the NAV?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tried and tried

Over the weekend I tried so many things I can't recall them all to see if I can get the NAV to stop resetting when I hit the DEST button. No luck.

Is there a master reset for the NAV or do I have to disconnect the battery overnight like I read elsewhere here?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem Fixed: DEST button causes GPS reset

I thought I'd report back in case you still keep track of this sort of stuff. The problem was that every time I pressed the DEST button on the main GPS map screen the system would reset. Same problem occured elsewhere when I accessed the memory points info. Otherwise GPS and radio features worked well, including setting destination on the map screen itself.

I took out the fuse for the radio and left it out a week. Put it back in and turned on the key. The GPS/Radio display first showed a Delphi flash screen that I have never seen before. I loaded the GPS DVD and actually started the vehicle. The system went through a seemingly normal startup cycle and seems to be fixed. I can now press the DEST button on the screen without the system crashing. Desting works fine. The saved locations were still there although I deleted unneeded ones just to be safe.

So it seems that basically a reload of the program to a hard power offed unit did the trick to fix this glitch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts