Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is it something else.

Here's the deal, I have been having issues with my front wipers since I had my windshield replaced a while back. It was in December I think, Safelite did a crappy job reinstalling the rain sensor and it has never worked right since then. Here's what's going on. One day last week is was raining. I get in the Envoy to drive home and the wipers are working fine, the rainsensor was doing it's job when all of the sudden they just decided not to turn off. It was like they were stuck on low. For days...I felt like an idiot driving around with my wipers on with the sun out. I pulled fuses which had no effect, they would just come back on. Then they just went back to normal. I searched on here and read that there is a issue with moisture messing up the control board that is attached to the motor. Makes sense. Then one day last week, after there being no rain/ moisture/ use of washers all week I am driving home and they just turn on and do not turn back off. I unplugged the rainsensor...had no effect...left it unplugged. The next day we're back to normal. Now this week it has been raining everyday so far, yesterday I did a lot of driving in the rain and the delay wipers worked fine. Today I get in to go to lunch and we're back on again.

When the wipers work they work fine. There's no wierd motion, or stuttering. If it is a moisture issue on the control board how could it happen with no moisture present, and then not happen when there is plenty of water soaking it? I guess it boils down to atleast two possibilities...1 the control board is messed up, and 2 the switch inside is messed up. Any ideas as to which would be the best to throw a dart at? Any other suggestions on what to look at?

·
Registered
837 Posts
i had to have my whole switch replaced that is attached to the steering column...mine used to stay on full blast however i don't have the rainsensors so...

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
I had a problem with a 2000 Bravada. It doesn't have the rain sensor, but had similar symptoms. A friend told me that the motor pusle board is a common problem. I found it at NAPA...$23 including tax.:woot:
That's where I would start.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a problem with a 2000 Bravada. It doesn't have the rain sensor, but had similar symptoms. A friend told me that the motor pusle board is a common problem. I found it at NAPA...$23 including tax.:woot:
That's where I would start.:m2:
Would you happen to have a part number? I called the local NAPA and the guy wasn't able to find it.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts