Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
2 Posts
Just a quick question

I have a 2005 envoy xuv and my rear speakers are lacking all bass. I wired my amp to them anyway. I'm not completely done with the install but I was wondering. Are they going to sound like crap? Maybe a fuse for the amp?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ltz
98 Posts
Front speakers high level signal

Hello Everybody from South America
This is Carlocote From Venezuela

I would like your help in two things:duh:

1.-Where is the plug (harness with the cables coming out from the amp to the 4 Front speakers)(2 Front doors and 2 Front dash). I saw the rear speakers are at the lower plug in the amp

2.- Wire chart of all the 4 front speakers (Front doors and Front dash)
You Know + and - of eachone color code (In the harness of the first question)

Thanks a lot:hail:for any help

Saludos desde Venezuela:tiphat

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ltz
98 Posts
Thank you very much Mr.Chevtrlblzr this information

Here's a link to the schematic.
Post again if you need more.

EDIT - that is for mid 2004 on up (non-lux). I'm not sure how much is the same for 2002 - mid 2004.
Thank you so, so, so,so much!!!! SEÑOR !!
Gracias, muchas , muchas Gracias Mister CHEVTRLBLZR !!!!

This will help me a lot to check why front door left (driver side) speaker do not work, I replace the speaker and did not work either , I test old speaker with another sourse and works fine !!!

Gracias again

Saludos desde Venezuela !!!!:tiphat

Carlocote

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
36 Posts
new to the sound set up..

Hello everyone how is everyone?? well i am a eager 19yearold and i have never had the chance to put in a cool sound system. so needless to say this is cool I work as an refrigeration tech and do lots of wiring and this seemed easy so wired in the amp and tiny sub well that was easy then came the stereo well that was different so i took the dash out and the stereo well i had it all apart then started to read well you cant do this the old school way so no cutting wires hhhhuuummm what do i do??? well the book said i need a new part phoned up Andre's audio tonics and the little computer thing was $100 wow well i needed it so i wanted to get it. so go to the truck and tried to start it and wow no luck it don't run well maybe if i had read a little more i would have figured it out the truck dose mot work with out the stereo because it is the made computer for the truck. so had to take my 87 Tercel wagon wow its been a while since i drive that. so got the part and put it in and finished everything up and wow this system is cool but i need a bigger sub this one is to small. so in all it took me 1.75 hrs that's not bad in my mind well i just thought i would let y'all know. thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
standard BOSE vs. premium BOSE "add an amp" adapters

I'm wiring in a subwoofer and amplifier for a friend in his 2005 Chevy Trailblazer (standard BOSE audio, with XM and OnStar). I've come to find out there was a standard-level BOSE audio system, and a premium BOSE system for the TB. The PAC audio C2A-GM24 is for the Premium BOSE audio system, only, so that didn't work with his Standard (base) BOSE audio system. The new (and ideally correct) AOEM-GM24 adapter will arrive this week and we'll finish things up.

Other items added were a Panavise mount with a universal device holder (to be used for an iPod) and a USAspec iPod/aux adapter.

While we were at it, we looked at the wiring to the rear-seat audio controls to try and find any damage that would be causing the intermittent noise from the rear speakers (described elsewhere in the forums). All we found so far was a section of the sheathing that had worn through to the audio cable shielding (but NOT through the wire insulation of the audio signal wires). That was re-taped and the cable was re-routed to reduce the chance for rub-through again.

Some pictures below of it so far...

Low-profile sub-woofer box with 2 - 10" subs installed

Worn-through shielding on wiring under the center console to the rear audio controls

iPod Nano in the universal device holder on the Panavise Mount

There's another Panavise mount available that can sit the holder/accessory to the right of the instrument cluster, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to wrap up my earlier post, the PAC audio AOEM-GM24 was the correct adapter to use in this '05 Trailblazer to add an aftermarket amplifier for the subs. It doesn't generate the amplifier turn-on signal, though...that has to be passed through from the radio harness.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
95 Posts
So this probably the start of a string of questions but i'll only ask a couple for now. One...where is the mic for onstar??? I have the sunroof so is it in the control console in the middle??

I have an after market radio w/gmos-04 due to bose system. Second question...when you use onstar, what speakers does it use and I'm guessing the bose amp makes this all work..both mic and the speaker??? :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are your OnStar buttons in the rearview mirror housing? If so, the microphone may be in there, too. Also, I believe the OnStar audio routes straight into the radio, and then on to the amp. Both front speakers are typically used for OnStar audio.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
95 Posts
Well, i'm thinking the microphone is where the lights are in the upper center console. As far as the onstar goes, it might have ran through the bose radio when it was in there but it's bypassed with a GMOS-04.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4 Posts
Thanks

New here but wanted to say Thank You to Chevtrlblzr for the excellent post on his install. Unfortunatly I did not find this tread untill I finished my install which I now know is incorrect... Having trouble finding a diagram for the 02 bose amp and the under the Resources section here the diagrams do not come up correctly for me.
Thanks again Excellent forum!

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Color codes

Hello. Just got this 2008 Trailblazer with crappy Bose sound. Had a 98 Blazer for 10 years, good truck.Want to replace radio. I want to use the speaker wires from the old amp because of location and don't want to run new wires. Do you know the color codes for those? I am running RCA's to radio and remote turn on. Already replaced speakers with Infinity. I learned the front door speakers were woofers and only produced bass, so front door speakers can't really hear.All that will be fixed once I put in Radio. I have a Pioneer Premiere DEH-P880PRS and a JBL 8in. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
12 Posts
I ran the wires exactly how u did but...

I mounted the amp the the back seat. I felt more comfortable with it there. But you definitely had a very clean install! I have a 300 watt kicker amp with a dual 12" subwoofer. Pioneer headunit and pioneer door speakers.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Can you help

First off nice install, but I have a question about the wires you used for rear sub LOC. I see you used the wires for the rear speakers on your LOC.

I just recently installed 2 12's and 1000W amp in my wife's 05' TB w/ Bose and Onstar. I wired in the LOC into the LT GRN / DK GRN and TAN / GRAY wires coming out of the amp in the rear panel supposed to be the front door speakers. I did this because honestly I didn't find your thread until later.

So heres the issuse everything seemed to be working except I had to turn everything on my amp down because it kept tripping and shutting off when I crank the volume. Well its been installed for a few hours now and when everything seemed to be legit I notice my front door speakers have barely any sound coming out of them.

Is this because I tapped into the front speakers and not the rear? Or does it matter?

Any help is most appreciated

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
Factory amp

why did you run speaker wire to the factory amp. could you just run the remote turn on from the pink cord just straight to the amp. or do you have to use those speaker wires with the blue wire. i need help bad

161 - 179 of 179 Posts