Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Feel kind of ridiculous asking but I have everything else done and set up until my amp comes in. All wires spliced hidden etc. The one thing I don't know is, what exactly is that adapter for the power line off the battery terminal. My current fitting is also to small for the current bolt so will I have to get another terminal end to fit the adapter?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
The one thing I don't know is, what exactly is that adapter for the power line off the battery terminal. My current fitting is also to small for the current bolt so will I have to get another terminal end to fit the adapter?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry - missed this.
Here's a link to one from autozone.
If you search for Gm battery adapter, there's many to choose from.
It holds your battery cable to the battery and also gives an extra bolt for adding extra wires. Yes, the 'adapter' part is the same diameter as the main bolt so you need a ring terminal to fit that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Excellent. Thanks for your help. Got it all squared away today. Now if only Best Buy hadn't messed up my order I would have had my amp tomorrow.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Could you connect a line out converter to the pre-amp connections at the amp in the back?? Ive read this entire thread and think you can but I want to be sure before I buy it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Could you connect a line out converter to the pre-amp connections at the amp in the back?? Ive read this entire thread and think you can but I want to be sure before I buy it.
Only from what I've read;
Yes.

But I think you should be able to tap into those wires without one also. They are already a pre-amp signal. The line out converter is intended to hook to speaker outputs and give a low level pre-amp signal. Someone here tried it (without the LOC) and had some noise - but someone else did it without noise.:undecided

If you have the stock radio, you could get one of these and not have to cut your wiring. AOEM-GM24

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was gonna do the aoem-gm24 but then I read that it goes behind the headunit so I would rather hookup everything in the back, but then again ive read that it hooks up at the bose amp in the back, and I was gonna do an loc because its alot cleaner than having a bunch of wires taped up. Does anyone know for sure where the aoem-gm24 is connected??

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
10 Posts
so whats better to do the adapter that plugs in the factory harness(the pac) or the one that wires in the the front speakers at the factory amp in the back. Which is easier to do take the HU out and dash or the the rear pillar where the factory amp is like. There is so many loc out there which is the best (gonna run a 2 channel mono amp 500 watts on two JL tens) I got a 07 envoy with bose/nav...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone heard of the subs popping when the radio is first powered up? I went to a Install place and they told me using the bose amp to connect to the LOC will cause my subs to pop when power is first turned on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's funny because I went to a car audio place today and I talked To a guy who has done some good work for me and I trust him and he said that the best thing to do would be to connect an loc to the rear speakers and not to any preamp wires. He said it will have a better signal with an loc over connecting straight to the amp and you want to use the rear speakers over the front speakers because they could be crossed over with the tweeters which really produce no juice. I'm not sure if this is all true but it makes sense so I'm gonna do an install tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did my install today. I used a pac audio line out converter and hooked up to the rear speakers. Took it to a car audio place to see if it sounded ok and they said its fine. It wasnt hard at all to do. I use t-taps to connect to the wires, had to strip the wires though because they were too thick for the t-taps to cut into. Thanks for all the good info chevtrlblzr.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Help

Lets start with running the wire from the battery. Maybe 8 gauge is enough, I used 4 gauge.
You’ll need an adapter (car parts or stereo shop) to hook up to.
Before

After

Then to a fuse holder.

To get the wire inside the truck, I went inside with a screwdriver and poked a hole through the trucks wiring harness boot, then when I fished the wire through – it was pretty tight – but I’ll probably silicone it too.

Lift the plates off at the front and back door sills and run the wire back to in under the back seat – then put a slice in the carpet and fish it to another slice where your amp is.

Now to the factory amp. Remove the passenger side rear plastic pieces. I don’t have pictures of that, just do it! If there isn’t a visible screw (one large torx for the seatbelt, a phillips partway back and a knob at the rear hatch), it’s just snap connectors – just pull them off.

The rear speaker wires are the lower plug. (for my 05 TB)
Brown – left rear+
Yellow – left rear-
Dark Blue – right rear+
Light Blue – right rear-

Tap into the wire by stripping a section of insulation off. Here’s the dark blue.

Solder and tape the connections. You can see I also tapped into the top plugs pink wire – it’s the remote turn-on wire for the amp.

Then run the speaker wires (the ones you just tapped into at the factory amp) to the amp you’re installing. My Rockford amp has hook-up for speaker level input so I’m using that (at least until I replace the head unit!) - (if you’re using a line-out-converter you’d wire it in somewhere between here and there). I ran them front and underneath the rear seat and with another slice’n fish under the carpet to the amp.

Then run your speaker wires (from your new amp) to your speakers.
You probably have to write the rest yourself – but I’ll show you what I did!
I ran them back under the carpet and up the corner post.

and a short one to my sub (everything REALLY needs cleaned up – oh well!)

Looking back.

Rock on!:D

I have a 2008 blazer lt and can not figure out how to hook up my system with the stock head unit......do u know how? im trying to put in 2 twelves

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was just wondering how you took the knob off of the panel in the back. I can't figure out how to take it off.

141 - 160 of 179 Posts