Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
61 - 80 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another thing what you can do is have a look at your loudspeakers.

There you will see what colors the wires have.
Otherwise you wait about two weeks, than I can give you more detailled informations.
I'll ordered a new amp and a sub and I've to install it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
02 - 04 were different. They had what they called the LUX amp.

Sorry - hope I pointed you in the right direction.
No i appriciate your reply, ill do some searching on the lux amp and see what I come up with, if i find nothing I will just see which wires are coming off the speakers, Also for 02-04 amps are the front speakers powered like all the other years or is it the rear speakers?
Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The front and rear speakers are normally connected at the same way.
So just the pair of the speakerline from the amp to the speaker.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
137 Posts
Help

Hey I just got my 06 Trailblazer the other day and am looking at putting in some 2 10 inch subs. Each sub has its own amp and each amp is only putting out 150 watt RMS. I was reading that some say not to hook up the power wires to the fuse box under the seat, but i was wondering since this isn't much power compared to others if it would be ok to do so. I also have the BOSE sound system in my Trailblazer and was reading that I will want to tap into the front speaker wires before the amp, so I was wondering if it mattered what gauge wire I use to go from the BOSE amp to my amps built in hi-low converter.
Sorry if this is a bunch of questions, but thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Hey I just got my 06 Trailblazer the other day and am looking at putting in some 2 10 inch subs.
congrats on the new ride and welcome

Each sub has its own amp and each amp is only putting out 150 watt RMS. I was reading that some say not to hook up the power wires to the fuse box under the seat, but i was wondering since this isn't much power compared to others if it would be ok to do so.
It's a matter of opinion. Quite a few people have used it for lower-powered gear with no problems. I would not use it, I would pick up some 8 gauge wire, an inline fuse holder, a positive battery terminal, and a d-block:m2:

I also have the BOSE sound system in my Trailblazer and was reading that I will want to tap into the front speaker wires before the amp, so I was wondering if it mattered what gauge wire I use to go from the BOSE amp to my amps built in hi-low converter.
should be fine with 16 gauge

Sorry if this is a bunch of questions, but thanks for the help.
thank you for searching first:tiphat

·
Registered
137 Posts
Today i found a Output converter for my RCA plugs. Its the Scosche FAI-3A. I was woundering if I still only need to wire the front speakers to it. Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Today i found a Output converter for my RCA plugs. Its the Scosche FAI-3A. I was woundering if I still only need to wire the front speakers to it. Thanks
I just noticed that on the FAI-3A one pair of RCA plugs are for front and on is for rear. So when if i sliced into the front speaker wires could just split them treating the RF+ like the RF+ (right front) and RR+ (right rear) and so on. Hopefully someone knows what i am talking about.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
Awesome thread, alot of good info!

I have a 2005 TB with the 6 disc changer non bose. I was wondering if i would be able to tap into the rear speaker wires as you did and not need an rca converter for the amp. If an rca adapter is available for my headunit could you please point me in the right place to find it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 2004 Trailblazer LT has the non bose 6 disc cd changer. I have a line out convertor but it appears that my wiring for my speakers is under my rear seats next to the fuse box. There is an area already cut in my carpet that has the wiring module similar to the one you have in the truck where you had to remove the plastic however there is no black amp like the one one you have pictured. There is another plastic covered box under the passeneger side rear seat that says Motorola on it. Should i tap in at the motorola box or the wiring near the fuse box where the carpet is cut?

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
My 2004 Trailblazer LT has the non bose 6 disc cd changer. I have a line out convertor but it appears that my wiring for my speakers is under my rear seats next to the fuse box. There is an area already cut in my carpet that has the wiring module similar to the one you have in the truck where you had to remove the plastic however there is no black amp like the one one you have pictured. There is another plastic covered box under the passeneger side rear seat that says Motorola on it. Should i tap in at the motorola box or the wiring near the fuse box where the carpet is cut?
the non bose does not have an amp....the LOCs should be wired into the speaker wires in each b-pillar

the motorola box is the onstar module - do not disturb it

·
Registered
76 Posts
the non bose does not have an amp....the LOCs should be wired into the speaker wires in each b-pillar

the motorola box is the onstar module - do not disturb it
i wired into the passeneger side pillar and attached my loc to the Dark Blue, Light Blue:Brown, Light brown, I also attached my remote wire to the pink wire. I used a an adaptor to attach my power and grounded the amp temporarily to the bolt near the passenger turn signal which connects directly to the chasis. I turn the car on and the amp is not getting power. I have a friend bringing over a volt meter but at this point it seems everything is as it should?

ideas?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im not sure which pink wire you are talking about
The

In the passenger side pillar where I connected my loc to my rear speakers I spliced into the PINK wire as stated in the first page to connect the remote wire to my amp. But seeing how my blazer does not have an amp is this the incorrect wire to hookup the remote for the amp?

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
The

In the passenger side pillar where I connected my loc to my rear speakers I spliced into the PINK wire as stated in the first page to connect the remote wire to my amp. But seeing how my blazer does not have an amp is this the incorrect wire to hookup the remote for the amp?
Im not sure....best I can suggest is wait for your buddy and test that wire for voltage

In the meantime, you could carefully run a jumper from the amps B+ input to the remote input to see if that is indeed the cause

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im not sure....best I can suggest is wait for your buddy and test that wire for voltage

In the meantime, you could carefully run a jumper from the amps B+ input to the remote input to see if that is indeed the cause
the remote was the problem. I ran the remote to one of the fuses and it works good. However when i turn up the freq on the amp the sub hits harder but the vocals come through alot more. Would it be best to keep the bass boost on the amp all the way up and then conrtol the bast through the hu?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
the remote was the problem. I ran the remote to one of the fuses and it works good. However when i turn up the freq on the amp the sub hits harder but the vocals come through alot more. Would it be best to keep the bass boost on the amp all the way up and then conrtol the bast through the hu?
Do not use bass boost. I repeat do not use bass boost. This is one of the leading causes of speaker damage. Set all your gains properly and if it is not loud enough get another sub or get more power. Do not use bass boost.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do not use bass boost. I repeat do not use bass boost. This is one of the leading causes of speaker damage. Set all your gains properly and if it is not loud enough get another sub or get more power. Do not use bass boost.
Should turn the bass knob on the amp all the way down? I have it set in the middle and I can adjust it through the HU pretty good.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
61 Posts
My version of an amp install :)

This is an Alpine MRP-M500 mounted on the back seat. Turned out very neat and clean. She's powering a Alpine Type R 10" in the rear quarter panel.
And wow does it pound.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
14 Posts
This is an Alpine MRP-M500 mounted on the back seat. Turned out very neat and clean. She's powering a Alpine Type R 10" in the rear quarter panel.
And wow does it pound.
That is a very nice setup you have there. I can't say I like where you mounted the AMP but to each his own. I do however love the sub enclosure!! Is that a custom enclosure or an off the shelf kit?

My self I just have 2 13 year old Sony 12" subs in a very large box sitting in the back. If I could relocate my tools I would totally mount a nice 10" in that small compartment like you did.

Very nice! :woot::hail:

(I had a lot more to say but the stupid page timed out)

Special thanks to chevtrlblzr for the nice write up. In reading your post I was able to come up with a suitable soulution for my set up:hail::thumbsup:

61 - 80 of 182 Posts