Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this many months ago as you can tell by how dirty the K&N filter is. Last friday I put on the nice silicon 90 degree hose (used to be rubber hose). Thanks again Andy (ADM Performance) for the hose. I do need to build a splash shield however for the wheel well.

Does it help? Well, I can tell you I don't have the IAT heat soak issue everyone complains about. ;)
Here are some results with the dirty filter: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=16845

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,475 Posts
OK, just read the other thread too and saw you said ADM 4" :)

Yea down there I can see why heat soak is not an issue. Get yourself a shroud over that filter to deflect the junk and you will be styling !

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Nice lookin mod. Pretty creative with the fab work too :) I agree with rrmccabe that the next step would be to put a shroud on it or some kind of protection. Maybe some of those waterproof filter outerwears? Looks like it will collect a lot of dirt and water.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, this is just a sneak peak at a competition level kit that has been in the works (R&D) for many month (especially tuning). The pictures only show the basic setup. There are parts not in the pics that will make it into the final kit. Andy (ADM) will make an announcement when production tubing, etc is available.

PEDRO - No I don't, I have the base vehicle. Regardless it won't be an issue be full washer fluid functionality is available.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
44 Posts
ANDYS the man. the only thing im waiting for is someone to actaully make a aftermarket intake for the magnacharger set up. Once thats done ill buy the maggie the same day. i just dont want to buy the maggie now and have it wait here.
I'm anxiously awaiting an aftermarket intake for the maggie too! But why not just use the stock maggie intake in the meantime?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Maggie 100mm Intake system

Our maggie kit will require our fan kit . ..Hint,hint:)

I have been swamped with the holidays and other fun stuff,will have something concrete,But probably early 2007.

Andy

·
Registered
2006 chevy
44 Posts
i want to slap it all in at the same time and plus i dont like the look of the stock maggie intake. id love to have the adm 4 inch set up hint hint hint.
If that's all that is holding you back, I think you should just go for it man! Putting the maggie intake on and taking it off is easy, so you'd only be saving about 15 minutes of work. I agree that the looks of the maggie intake could be improved, but it looks better than the stock intake, and anyone who looks under your hood won't even notice it once they see the supercharger. Besides, I'm sure that the first time you mash the pedal to the floor, you'll forget all about the looks of your intake. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts