Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be too loud. Granted, I had a Corsa Spot on my C5 and it was just as loud. For a daily driver it may be too loud for others in the car. I love it and can't keep my foot out of it. It is a loud system. To sum it up if you see pick up trucks with straight dual pipes coming out and they are loud as heck the Corsa Sport is exactly the same. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
What if you went to the Corsa touring,, the sound just might be that different (little lower) than the Sport... and still have that cool sound...

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Wow I think mine is on the quiet side but but all my other cars have been much louder. I was actually a bit bummed how quiet it is. Mines been on for about 5k and its a little louder than when it was new.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya. It's really freaking loud outside the truck. I have a remote start so I can hear it start up. In the cabin it may be a bit too quiet for me. It does sound great though! You can really feel the engine growling through this thing. I can live with it. Not sure if my neighbors or wife will be able to lol. They are all already bitching.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Loud?? Do you have headers? I would consider it barely mild if you are still running the stock manifolds. Gotta love the no drone. :)

I wish I would of recorded my Monte SS's exhaust before I sold it, that was loud (headers, hollow cat, 3" Torque Tech w/2-chamber Flow's)!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Yeah its a lot louder outside the truck. Every time my wife leaves in the SS I stand on the front porch because she always floors it! Its sure is one sweet sounding exhaust and much louder outside the truck.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
182 Posts
Loud?? Do you have headers? I would consider it barely mild if you are still running the stock manifolds. Gotta love the no drone. :)

I wish I would of recorded my Monte SS's exhaust before I sold it, that was loud (headers, hollow cat, 3" Torque Tech w/2-chamber Flow's)!
Kooks LT's here with a Corsa Sport and it's real LOUD! Ask anyone who was at the May 20 Ohio meet. :D

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
4,839 Posts
Kooks LT's here with a Corsa Sport and it's real LOUD! Ask anyone who was at the May 20 Ohio meet. :D
yep, I can vouch for that one:yes::thumbsup:

rossi's truck is as loud as mine if not louder...and I dont have cats..it sounds awesome though
you both have mean sounding rides:hail::cool:

**I don't have any vid of Rossi, but at the end of this one is wads SS burnout which closed the OH Meet.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
59 Posts
The Corsa Sport is the sound GM needed from the factory! When I get on it people really take a second and third look to see where the sound is coming from, they don't expect a family hauler to run like this!
Move over rustang's the old grocery getter is coming through!

My brother in-law is a Rustang freek and he thinks the SS is pretty cool:D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey guys, now you guys have me slightly concerned :)

I just ordered the Corsa sport exhaust saturday from Maryland Speed since I just couldn't pass up that $679 price. I should get it sometime late this week, and am hoping it comes in time for me to get it put on for the weekend. Is this thing really that loud? I've watched numerous videos as well as the sound clips on Corsa's website, and it's really hard to judge without seeing it in person. I just know that it sounds way too frickin sweet to pass up. I have been a huge Borla fan my life and have always ordered Borla systems. However, that's not going to work as I simply have no interest in modifying the rear bumper, as well as the hassle of relocating the spare tire. Had they offered a single outlet exhaust, I would have been all over it as I LOVE how Borla's traditionally sound. Now i'm wondering whether I should have opted for the touring system, as one thing I can't stand is exhaust drone when cruising on the highway. Am I still going to be able to enjoy conversations as well as listening to the radio with my windows up? Or is there going to be a heavy drone intruding into the cabin? For those of you guys with this exhaust, how comfortable will my rear passengers be after I get the exhaust installed? Borla's have always had mild droning when cruising on the highway at lower rpms, but it has never been bad enough to be annoying. Past vehicles i've had that i've installed full Borla catback exhausts on have been my 97 Taurus, 99 Taurus SHO, 01 SVT Cobra, and 02 SVT Lightning.

Will I pretty much be okay as long as the windows are rolled up? I honestly can't wait as the stock TBSS is just way too quiet and mild sounding with the factory exhaust on it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I believe they were stating that On the outside only it is Much Louder! and with this exhaust it made it all the more sweeter to have it that much louder without having the Droan inside the cabin,, so yes it is louder to hear inside but not to where it is bad inside... If that makes sence..

I cant decide if i should just go down and have a Borla welded in place or just spend the money on this exhaust as well....

good luck,, Send sound videos for us....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Its really not that loud in the truck, especially when cruising. No drone either. You got a pretty good price too.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I believe they were stating that On the outside only it is Much Louder! and with this exhaust it made it all the more sweeter to have it that much louder without having the Droan inside the cabin,, so yes it is louder to hear inside but not to where it is bad inside... If that makes sence..

I cant decide if i should just go down and have a Borla welded in place or just spend the money on this exhaust as well....

good luck,, Send sound videos for us....:thumbsup:
Thanks, as i'll try to get some video's if I can figure out how to hook up my old camcorder to my computer. It came with a firewire cable, but I seem to have lost it. For the price this exhaust is selling for right now, I just couldn't pass it up as i've always heard that Corsa stuff is always high quality.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Its really not that loud in the truck, especially when cruising. No drone either. You got a pretty good price too.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I really couldn't care how loud it is when I step on it since making noise is part of the fun of mashing the loud pedal, but I just wanted to know that it's not annoying when simply cruising along the highway. I believe the exhaust is on sale at that price till the end of this month if i'm not mistaken. I missed that group buy that was held earlier, but no big loss as this is almost as good.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is loud. That is the point of the exhaust. It's not like stock. I've had more people complain about the TBSS than my C5. I like it though. Youwill see..

·
Registered
2006 chevy
216 Posts
I don't know.....doesn't seem all that loud to me.But I guess I'm comparing it to my Camaro SS with LTs and open Borla.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts