Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i figured id make a build thread of the tb changing over time just because i dont wanna be making new threads for every exciting thing i do. this isnt gonna be something that will be done reall quick it is gonna take some time. i have pretty much set of what i want it to look like.

now i know ive done posted some of this but im just gonna put it on this thread too. to start off i did my headlights they turned out pretty good but ive got some moisutre in them so i think ima put some more glue on them i have seen a few spaces that arent sealed.

today was a pretty fun time, few days ago i primed my ss bumpers front and back and put my front one on cause its missing a bracket and i gotta find a way to make it work. but heres 2 more ****ty cell pics.

i plan on havving the bracket on soon and then itll be time for paint more updates to come.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
this is going to be interesting!:thumbsup:

where would you get fog lights for an ss?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you cant use the bracket from the LS bumper?
well its a long story i thought u could but what i learned was an 02 up LS and 02-05LT does have a different bracket then the ss bumper. when they changed to the bumpers that the grille goes into like a ss bumper or 06 lt bumper it seems they thought theyd make a better reinforced bracket its really not. so he sent me with one. what i did today was put the bumper on, put the bracket on and then set it where it need to be then i put some vice grips to hold it together, took the bumper off, marked out the bracket, put some scraatches on the inside of the bumper and loaded it down with panel bond, im hoping it works. also today i found out the a denali bumper bracket is different too. lol so they changed them brackets a few times more then likely because there know for coming off the bumper.
this is going to be interesting!:thumbsup:

where would you get fog lights for an ss?
i work at a dealership so worst case scenario the dealer. i only pay 10% over the dealer cost...its awesome :D
I have a pair..although I cant use them for my retrofit.. :(
pm sent

well got the bracket on today gonna try to put it on monday make sure it fits and then paint on them soon...cant wait im so excited.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no big update today but i did put my bumpers on..prolly gonna block the rear one tomorow or next day. as u can c i shaved the reflectors and the step pad because i dont ever step on my actual bumper. prolly be about a month before i can paint it because im moving...well heres some pics.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
starting to look real nice! but i never realized how ugly the stock exhaust looks with ss bumpers.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
starting to look real nice! but i never realized how ugly the stock exhaust looks with ss bumpers.
i disagree i think the rusted resonator(sp?) is beautiful :p
Looks good so far. Just noticed the license plate. Nice to see a good ole' Georgia boy on here. You're down by Chatham county arnt ya Or are you more in the Statesboro area?
statesboro. alphreta sounds familiar up near atl correct?? or around general vicinity. i have a bro that live in kennasaw

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
what did you use to fill in the reflectors and step pad holes?

also I think I am gonna keep the fogs since I am gonna go the same route as you

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
panel bond is ur friend lol. for the holes i just put table on the top have went from the inside bumper and wiped panel bond on the hole. for the reflectors i cut out a plastic template try to make it flush...big mistake if u do it..recess the filler in a hair bit then u wipe it with panel bond. panel bond can be filled up thicker then bondo. after sanding them i wiper each with bondo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts