Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hissy:

When I first start my TB, it sounds like a hair-dryer. It goes away after a minute or so. It's not the common whining like a idler pulley or clutch fan. After I first noticed it, my check engine light came on. Also, lately my gas gauge has been kinda screwy...goes to E right after I fill it, after a day or 2 it goes back to normal (not sure if that's related).

I don't have a code scanner...but do have a GMPP warranty...just figured I'd ask here before I go to the dealer. Any ideas?:undecided

THANKS!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Yes. Always scan the code. Take off the serpentine belt if you want to know if it's another pulley or AC/alternator bearing.

Fuel issue sure sounds like a failing sender.

And if you have a warranty, we hope you'll tell us afterward what it was. I don't see the point in our guessing if you get it fixed for free.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Always scan the code. Take off the serpentine belt if you want to know if it's another pulley or AC/alternator bearing.

Fuel issue sure sounds like a failing sender.

And if you have a warranty, we hope you'll tell us afterward what it was. I don't see the point in our guessing if you get it fixed for free.
thanks roadie.
I pay a $100 deductible on my warranty, so I figured I'd ask first in case it's an easy fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts